“Average Lunch”

Sawadee Thai Cuisine
Ranked #43 of 191 Restaurants in Jefferson City
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Ordered the Green Curry with Chicken. Wasn't sure when I opened my take out if I got the correct dish. Historically my experience with this dish is a thick green curry sauce covering the meat and veggies. My take out was chicken with veggies and pale minimal sauce. It was okay. Again not sure if I really got what I ordered. I'm told this is a good Thai restaurant in the area, but I would not go out of my way to eat there again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Went to the Sawadee location at 103 W. High Street. and had a very good dinner and a great price. When asked about our food in regards to the "hotness" of it on a scale of 1-10 and 10 being hot we chose 1. For us it had just enough kick and fire that made the dinner very enjoyable. Food delicious and fast.
Also had outside table service available.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Not sure if they moved. But the location I went to is on High and Jefferson. Steps from the capitol building. Nice interior. I had an early dinner so it was empty.

Pumpkin red curry with chicken. You will be asked what spice level. I went with 7 out of 10. A little sweat and tingling lips. It was delicious. For dessert I had Black sticky rice instead of mango. Next time I would go with mango.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

The amount of deliciousness in the pad see ew I consumed makes up for anything negative that happened during this visit. But to be fair, I'll give you the full run-down.
This place is small and cozy, the menu is large and full of mouth-watering descriptions.
The wait staff were a little bossy/mouthy with each other, and the place was semi-packed for just having two of them. The waitress "honey sweetie baby" 'd us the whole night, which always bristles me the wrong way. But she overall did a nice job.
They have this thing were if you order a spice over a certain level (45?) you get your picture on the wall, and there happened to be a table behind us that had a large group of guys whooping about trying a 610 level of spice. The mild entertainment of it all only lasted for about 5 minutes, but their dinner went on for a while.
But anyway, back to my amazing meal.
The calamari was grilled and un-breaded, yet mesmerizing. The rangoon was amped up by mixing all three of the sauces together, and the main course (level 3 spicy because I like my colon intact unlike the adjacent table) was everything I'd hoped and dreamed of.
So would I recommend this place? Even with the shenanigans that went on? Oh yeah, I'm definitely going back.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Both locations are great, but have been visiting the MO Blvd location once a week while pregnant. Typically get Chicken Pad Thai 9 or 10 on the spice level. Service is friendly and quick for lunch.