“Food was just blah. Not typical for this place.”
Review of Mi Tolteca

Mi Tolteca
Ranked #130 of 183 Restaurants in Jefferson City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

I was unpleasantly surprised at the lunch special. It was a burrito and a chimichanga. It was all just really blah. Chimichanga wasn't fried enough, tortilla on the burrito was so wet it was a gummy mess. Not pleased at all with the food this time.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

This was the second time setting here, was as good as the first time in January. Don't let the location fool you, you will have great food, great service at a good price. Don't miss out on the best Mexican in town.

1  Thank Ralph B
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

I moved to Jeff a few years ago. Even though I love Mexican food I always skipped this restaurant because there were no recent reviews. I have tried most of the other Mexican restaurants in town and have been very underwhelmed. Recently I had family visiting and the restaurant we intended to go to had a longer wait than we wanted so I suggested Mi Tolteca and they agreed. When we walked in I liked the high ceilings and open atmosphere. It was a Saturday night and they were busy but had plenty of room. They had a Marguerita special for $1.99. Their menu is extensive with all the usual players and some of their own dishes. I chose the Carne Asada dinner, the others had a mixed fajita dinner and the Carnitas dinner. They all looked excellent when they came out and upon tasting, they lived up to their presentation. I have had very poor Mexican food but this wasn't it. The meat in all the dishes was cooked well. My dinner had just the right amount of charred and caramelized meat and veggies. It was one of the best Carne Asada dinners I've had. We left very full and very pleased. I have a new go to for Mexican food. I will be back with or without family!

2  Thank Alaskahoney
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

We stopped in, was cautious because of the latest review. Rest assured, good food and great service.

1  Thank Ralph B
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

It's about what you'd expect. The food wasn't bad but wasn't especially good either. The bowl of chips smelled slightly of old grease but tasted alright. The food did its job and kept you from starving. I will probably try to find other options for Mexican if I return to Jeff city but it's not the worst place either. Just... meh.