Tronco Bay Inn Resort
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay(Troncones)
US$200
US$112
US$169
US$146
Hacienda Eden(Troncones)
Mi Casa Es Su Casa(Troncones)
Hotel Los Suenos(Troncones)
Agoda.com
All reviews3kmsurfbeachsandmexicooceancookstranquilparadiselocals
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Quiet, beautiful quiet beach with nice lawn chairs. The room is nice and clean, however, don't expect to much. Luckily the gecko in our room seams to eat the cockroaches over night and we only have to clear the dismembered bodies off the floor in the morning. I'm not picky though and this doesn't bother me. I also don't mind the lack of hot water as a cold shower mid day in the heat feels nice, or at least it would if we had any water at all. DAY 2 without even enough water to flush my toilet. There is not a single working toilet on sight and my Spanish is not good enough to find out why. At least I was able to find some toilet paper today but nowhere to use it! I was told by other locals that not long ago the place was without electricity and water for two weeks without any refunds being offered. On arrival we had some beer and the restaurant offered us cooler full of ice. The cooler was filthy and I hope they don't keep food in it. Today the restaurant is open and serving but I can't help but wondering how you offer safe food conditions without any running water? Our neighbor was lucky enough to score a bucket of water for his morning dump. I had to rush the 3km to town to take mine! A great deal, but be careful! You get what you pay for!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Setting n beach great. Poor management, service, food poision twice, cool showers, no water for two days. Things had to be fixed twice or more work right, leaking water in bathroom, totlet flashing. The owner live in California n dosent care. If complain things get worse . Do not, do not come. We travel alot this the worse.

Room Tip: To noise whole hotel
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

I went with another 2 friends and stayed at the room with ocean view! It was simply amazing. I don't like big resorts I rather to be in a quiet place close to the beach and Tronco Bay Inn is perfect. The beds are super confy, the food and beverages were great, the attention couldn't be more perfect, from the first moment until the last minute we feel like we were at home. We want already go back. It's a paradise for a very reasonable price.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JessieLinette
Reviewed 27 February 2016

I hate to tell anyone about this because it's only got about 10 places and the beach is so wonderful. It's a little farther from the airport, but taxis are very prevalent./ The menu is wonderful, cooks are great but sometimes don't have everything which was not a problem for us. Breakfast comes with the room. Bartender/server is great. Pina Coladas were SO GOOD!!! Housekeeper is thorough, pool needs a little work, but is wonderful or you can swim in the ocean which is a nice temperature.

Stayed: February 2016
1  Thank RobinW8
Reviewed 5 April 2015

Troncones itself is fantastic. This is a great location away from the spring break crowd. We felt safe and comfortable throughout our trip. This hotel, though, could use a little help from the management. Rooms were comfortable, but our toilet rarely flushed properly. At one point, the water shut off in the middle of my shower. As far as we could tell, staff decided to spray down the pool deck which took all of the pressure out of the system - maybe best to do this at a time other than 9-10am? The restaurant was a bit sketch - some other guests got quite sick. You need to watch the straws - my best guess is they were being reused as they often had black chunks in them - not a colour that is the natural result of being placed into a pina colada!
As some other guests have mentioned, this hotel is not in Troncones. It's about a 45 minute walk out of town and the collectivos run unpredictably. If you want to surf, the hotel is well-placed, but if you want to do anything else you should consider renting a car or staying closer in town, especially since your options for eating are very limited so far out of town and the hotel restaurant is mediocre at best and a health hazard at worst.
Also be aware that, even though your booking says "ocean view" and you'll pay for it, you may not actually get it...
Overall we loved Troncones and would go back in a heartbeat, but all 4 people in our group (2 couples) agreed we'd stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple