Casa Delfin Sonriente
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$212
US$206
Present Moment Retreat(Troncones)(Great Value!)
US$312
Travelocity
US$117
US$114
US$167
Hacienda Eden(Troncones)
Mi Casa Es Su Casa(Troncones)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Los Suenos(Troncones)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsjust the right amountboogie boardingglenmariacasacottagebeachpalapa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2015

Casa Delfin's location on the beach cannot be beat. It has wonderful views. The swimming pool is spectacular. The refrigerator of frigid beers is a real plus. I loved this place at in the daytime! However, I dreaded the night, as our open air suite was not that comfortable. The lighting was bad (several lights broken, and the switches were in improbable locations), the streetlights cast an eery glow in the bed all night, and the mosquito nets were rather holey, so we were attacked by mosquitos all night. I was unable to sleep for several nights. I also felt that it was overpriced for the accommodation, and found the whole town of Troncones (while charming) frightfully overpriced.

Room Tip: The open air suites are lovely and romantic, but the bathrooms/showers are pretty funky and the mosquito nets on the beds do not keep the mosquitos out. We were eaten alive and had trouble sleeping. The rose suite seems the most luxurious (it is not open-air), thug the shower does not get warm.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
CasaDelfinSonriente, Owner at Casa Delfin Sonriente, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

If we had been told about a hole in the mosquito canopy we would have changed it. If a light goes out our onsite staff can take care of it right away but we need to be made aware of it. Our bathrooms are spotlessly cleaned every day.

Reviewed 30 September 2014

I have been going to Casa Delfin Sonriente for 4 years now and I wouldn’t miss it for the world. My boyfriend and I were looking for a beach vacation that was not at a resort, we wanted something quieter, low key, less people and better food. Casa Delfin is quiet, super clean with just the right amount of cold beer in the fridge.

Like a resort there is a beautiful pool, beach and shady hammock area. Unlike a resort you will not have to fight off one drunk guy to get a spot by the pool or in a hammock. Seriously, there is more than enough space for all the guests to have spots to themselves or to gather together for meals or drinks by the pool. There are a 4 rooms downstairs and a couple of open air suites upstairs so there’s never THAT many people around.

Maria and her family are in charge of the place and she runs a tight friendly ship. In the morning you will wake up to coffee, lots of fresh chopped fruit (delivered by the fruit truck every other morning- it’s like a farmer’s market on wheels!) and eggs or banana pancakes. While you eat your room is swept (all the beautiful sand really travels), cleaned and your bed made… you’ll likely find some towel swans waiting for you too.

Maria is a wicked cook, over the years she has cooked us some amazing meals- fresh seafood galore. There is a huge beautiful kitchen where Maria taught us to cook chile relleno and other spicy delicious dishes. Troncones is an awesome little town with surfing, swimming, fishing, eating (oh the food!!), great peeps, yoga, dancing, river kayaking, horseback riding, hiking and even caves. There are things to do for sure… not that I do many of them (Ben does), I spend most of my time walking the beach, reading in a hammock and watching spectacular sunsets. There are a bunch of local inexpensive restaurants that have served me some of the best food I have ever eaten (Orbe’s!!) and outstanding key lime pie.

Clearly I love this place. What else can I say. The people are kind and welcoming, Maria has answered any question I’ve ever come up with and she knows the community very well. There are BBQ’s to use, surf boards boogie boards, bikes and lots of books and board games. I have never seen it rain, nor even had a cloudy day. You can’t make this stuff up.

It feels like you’re at the cottage on the beach. We just book 2 weeks again for February.

Room Tip: Upstairs open air suites are sweet!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gayle333
Reviewed 23 September 2014

We heard about Troncones in a newspaper article a few years ago and have been looking forward to enjoying the experience of staying in a small coastal town in Mexico for a long time. We weren’t disappointed! We stayed right on the beach at Casa Delfin Sonriente in the Green Room located downstairs in this two-story villa. Our room was nicely prepared and clean. The rooms and the whole villa was even nicer than the pictures on the web site. Our host, Maria, was very welcoming and helpful and made a delicious variety of breakfasts every day and showed us how to make Spanish rice and chile rellenos.. We relaxed by the pool, watched the birds and dolphins on the beach, body surfed, boogie boarded and relaxed like pros in the ramada hammocks. Glen keeps tons of books and magazines and we read two novels each. We took long walks on the beach every day and the villa is within close walking distance of the center of town with a good selection of local restaurants. You have got to eat at Chenchos, a whole in the wall with outrageous everything. We ate there three times. We enjoyed walking through Troncones village, talking with the friendly people and having lunch at a few of the local restaurants and other lunchtime eateries. The staff helped us arrange local activities including a visit to a lagoon for a kayak trip and a day trip to the nearby caves. We would recommend Casa Delfin Sonriente to anyone interested in experiencing life in the small town, while enjoying the comforts of a traditional Mexican villa.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2014

Casa Delfin is the perfect place to unwind and escape the freezing Toronto, winter.
It's safe, clean and friendly. This is the kind of place where you immediately are welcomed as an old friend not just a tourist. The small village has some of the best food I've ever tasted on vacation, essentially home cooked meals. A delicious breakfast was served every day at Casa Delfin and various activities are easy enough to organise.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great the upper rooms are large open air lofts that are somehow the perfect temperature day and night
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We came here to celebrate our 5th anniversary. Two other couples came with us. They loved it as much as we did the first time. The caretakers were wonderful, making delicious breakfasts every morning. They helped us make dinner reservations in Zijua, gave some of the only accurate directions we got in Mexico, and made us feel at home. Since we were here last a small bar opened across the street, making for very convenient (and delicious) margaritas or michelados when we were in the mood. I cannot imagine staying anyplace else. Also, there are TONS of books to read!

Room Tip: If you stay in one of the upper suites I recommend moving the floor fan to outside your bed so you have two, as it can get hot in the evenings. I think the best suits is the one downstairs, with the hammock on the private porch.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends