All reviews the rooftop pool bar the hotel staff great hotel stay there again puerto vallarta cesar francisco vibe town wedding
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very beautiful, new and modern. The pool area is amazing with a spectacular view at the ocean. Staff is friendly, the rooms are very clean. But between the rooms are doors, so you can hear everything from the room besides. They had loud music the whole night, so we couldn‘t sleep.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank stefbk
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

I went to the Oz hotel in Sayulita where my sister lives and I have a home, I was waiting for my friends to go up to their room and change their clothes after a wedding to go to the beach, so I waited and asked for an annex of tequila in the rocks the barman served the drink and returned with a check for 890 pesos !!!! I tried to talk to the manager and explain that I could not afford this ridiculously expensive shot and felt that I should have been warned of the price before I dumped it. The restaurant manager was very rude and made me pay, it took 15 minutes to execute my card and I never felt so taken advantage of and ripped off. The Oz hotel gives Sayulita a bad name, and it has tarnished my feelings for this once honest and beautiful city. I will never go back!!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank John F
Reviewed 29 March 2018

My wife and I stayed here for 3 days recently. We had never been to Sayulita and wanted to check it out. I booked Hotel Oz on line after reading the good comments on it. The bed in our room was a king size and very comfortable, I didn't like the pillows but thats a personal thing. The staff were all very friendly and we had a good time with Ceasar at the roof top bar. There were no english speaking channels on the tv but its a smart tv and we were able to watch netflix if we wanted to watch tv. The hotel is just a short walk to the main downtown area and to either Main Beach or Los Muertos Beach. There is a large selection of good places to eat close by also. Check out Cava Bar just down the street for good home made cocktails with fruit and tequila or mezquel. The hotel restaurant has good breakfast but we didn't eat any other meals there.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rhinelandermike
Reviewed 28 March 2018

This is a brand new hotel with an elevator. We stayed in a basic room that had water damage. The best rooms to stay in are the deluxe rooms which are huge. Don't waste your time with any other rooms. Staff are nice and hotel is clean. its also 3 mins walk to the beach

Room Tip: Book the deluxe rooms as they are the best ones and are huge and have a pull out sofa so you could sleep 4 people total in these rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We spent the day in Sayulita lSunday March 11th. The vibe in this town is young, energetic, and bohemian.

We walked all over town - through the Commerical areas filled with shops and people, down to the packed beach, and up a few blocks into more residential areas.

OZ is clearly a standout. It's modern and new. The shop off the lobby is full of interesting items from local artist. The restaurant is very cool. It's open to the street with a huge bar to one side. On a busy night I imagine this is the place to be. The staff in the lobby offered to show us rooms and take us to the rooftop bar for a drink (food is also available from the restaurant). We happily accepted their offer.

The view from the roof is wonderful and although it is a distance from the beach you can see the water.

We had drinks and guacamole sitting at the bar enjoying the view. The bar tender Cesar like most of the staff spoke fluent english and engaged us in an interesting and informative conversation about the town and it attributes. Cesar joined the Oz staff soon after they opened and says he loves the job. It shows. The drinks were fresh, large and delicious. The guac was so big the three of us barely finished it. The total cost for three tropical drinks, a coke and the guac was $24 US$ before tip.

While at the bar we spoke with some folks who had been staying at Oz for four days and they RAVED about the place and the staff.

I would love to come back to MX and stay in Sayulita at Oz. I'm sure it all would be fantastic.
If your going to go to Sayulita you should definitely come to Oz. You will be glad you did.

See the article in March 2018 Vallarta Lifestyle Magazine for more details.

Stayed: March 2018