All reviews lovely food keep up the good work visiting family first class steak sample accommodation menu tyrone meal
Reviewed 14 August 2018

The restaurant was excellent and I had the most surprising superfood salad - even the half portion was plenty and full of goodness - lentils, cucumber, beetroot, and various other delicious veg plus an assortment of fruit - blueberries, blackberries, strawberries sprinkled throughout. The dressing was incredible and it was clear that the meal had been prepared freshly and with a lot of love! I live in Dublin and I would be hard pushed to find something of this quality in a good restaurant there. Well done chef and well done Tailor's House. I won't be stopping in Aughnacloy anymore!! I have done so for about 20 years commuting between north and south but this Tailor's place is a real find, especially for someone who enjoys excellent quality food and superb menu choices. ps I'm a vegetarian, and there were several options on the menu plus the server said that meat / fish dishes could be served vegetarian also, which is a plus for someone like me! ps the service could not have been better either, the waiting staff were extremely helpful and interested in what they were doing.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank goodtunes365
Reviewed 21 July 2018

While driving home from visiting family in Tyrone, we called into Ballygawley hoping to find somewhere decent for a bite to eat. My mother, my sister and I were more than pleasantly surprised when we stumbled upon Tailor's House. The décor in this place was first class and more importantly the food was fantastic. We spoke at length with the owner of the restaurant not realising that they also had accommodation to offer. This family owned business is meticulous from the outset from cleanliness to excellent service and a welcoming smile as you enter the door. We would be very keen to return and sample the accommodation on our next visit. Keep up the good work ladies. We had a lovely time during our short lunch visit to your premises.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra A
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I recently celebrated my 40th birthday at the tailors house a restaraunt we visit regularly. The service we received was excellent and they catered for our large party group of 36 including some lively kids in the upstairs function room with couteousy and fantastic care. It was a very busy Saturday night in the restaraunt and I have to say the food was excellent so credit to chefs and waiting staff. My only recommendation would probably be to pre-order if I was to have such a large gathering again especially if bringing kids as they can often be impatient. Thanks again for a very memorable birthday and the bottle of prosecco I received as a gift has went down well.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2018

The staff were were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The room in the hotel was clean and well decorated and the bar area was cosy with a good menu and good quality food both in the evening and for breakfast.
We really enjoyed our stay and the warmth of the welcome from the staff and the locals added to the enjoyment of our break. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We visited the Tailor's House for three nights over August Bank Holiday. Our party had three rooms which had just refurbished to an excellent standard. The food was excellent and the staff were fantastic, really friendly and went out of their way to make sure everything was enjoyable as possible. The establishment is run by a brother and sister although the business has been in the family for generations. We're really pleased we found this place and would recommend both the accommodation and restaurant to anybody.

Date of stay: August 2017