All reviews stayed here a late lunch nice quiet hotel great accommodation friendly staff and food enjoyable stay scones food was lovely next morning lasagna wedding venue meal menu mc treatment spa
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

On Saturday 25th November we arrived at the spa, we had gone for a package deal with Kellys inn. There were 11 of us together for a hen doo, the average age being 28, we were not rowdy at all, we were sober, well behaved ladies and lad. When we booked the package we assumed that we had transport from the spa to the hotel after our treatment, so we arrived with all of our bags and from the instant we arrived the lady who seemed to be in charge was rude and unwelcoming, it seemed to be an inconvenience that we had all our bags, we were thrown into the tiniest changing room in the mud serial room expected to try and get ready together in this tiny room. The gentleman that was with us was read out rules like he was a 5 year old child I was in shock she thought so little of us, her words were “no bombing in the pool, no pushing each other in” etc in a very patronising tone told him “you look like a trouble maker” so after a short while in the pool room, which was a nice room pool was nice but could have done with being warmer, there was lemon water a 4 loungers around the pool. We were split into groups one sent to the mud chamber experience while we were in the changing room we did take a small cap full of a shot after all we are a hen party there is going to be drink but we were not out of control the lady I’m charge came on and put on her headmistress act again she said “no girls that’s not fair, it’s not fair you can’t drink before going into steam no yous just don’t understand no” so we put the drink away but what we couldn’t understand was if it was such a problem to drink while going to steam how come the other half where ok to go in after drinking prosecco that they provided in the “hot tub” also there was no mud involved, there was some cream we were told to sit in the steam room for ten minutes (we were supposed to have it for 30 minutes) after 10 minutes a we got out to put cream on and a girl came in to tell us to get out, we said we weren’t ready we were just putting our cream on she said ok when your ready so we went back into the steam room again, and another girl not long after came in and again told us of we want to get our robes on to head up to hot tub, we said we weren’t sure what the timing was she said when the steam cleared (it hadn’t cleared) so she left and again within minutes in a stern voice we were told to put our dressing gowns on and go upstairs to the “hot tub” now I know it was cold outside and it might be harder to heat but I have been to many spas and those with outdoor hot tubs manage to keep it warm and for good reason, this hot tub was freezing it really needs to be warmer this time of year. The therapists came to take some of us to our treatments they told us it was a 20 minute treatment and if I had the leaflet at hand I would have corrected them we were supposed to have 30 minute treatment as part of out slumber party package. The bride and bridesmaid were taken to a relaxation room. The treatment was lovely but as I say we weren’t given correct length of time. The relaxation room was lovely and lived up to it’s purpose, we were relaxed, they also left the bride and bridesmaid until last so they waited at least 45 minutes and also skimmed on time with their treatment. So back to transport after finding out it’s not provided, we asked about taxis to be told it would have to come all the way from Omagh and for them to drive us 2miles down the road it would cost us £15 each between 11 of us, we paid that to have a private bus bring us up from ballyclare so I do not understand how she worked that one out and then told us taxis don’t really like to come out that way as it happened before but conveniently she could organize a bus for us which would be £5 per person so we got that sorted bit £55 for 2miles is ridiculous, and she said they guy that normally does it was on holiday and she got another guy sorted, how kind of her. So the spa and setting was beautiful not the running of it and people skills need work.
Now Kellys in we were welcomed in taken to our rooms which were lovely the snack pack was lovely but DVD collection was questionable, there were 6 copies of the same movie, the movie was a primary school Christmas production there were 6 of these, I’m sorry but what ladies slumber party have you ever known to watch these films? Some descent but maybe provide a better selection. At dinner our waitress was lovely, very helpful, though the menu provided was very limited it was either lasagne, chicken curry or vegetable curry with chips or rice and garlic bread maybe think of a bit more variety. The hen was sent on her walk of shame later on around 9:30 she went to the bar and she seen a few banners and balloons and was trying to take them yes but instead of being polite telling her to stop nicely he trailed her out of the pub and told her to go back to her room (bearing in mind we had rang down and told them we had a blow up naked man and asked could we bring him to dinner and were told not dinner bit later on would be fine) she was were jammies but they were fluffy jammies she was fully clothed so I don’t understand why she was treated like this, apart from that it was nice the breakfast was nice.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
AnneMarie K, Owner at Kelly's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with Kellys Inn at the weekend.
It has taken us a couple of days to respond as we are in the process of doing a thorough investigation of the many issues you raised. Had we been aware when you were here of your issues we would certainly have taken the time to try and resolve them.
Regarding the videos unfortunately the copies of the Primary School video were in the box by mistake and we apologise for this. In addition to these DVDs there were 10 DVDs which we would deem to be appropriate for adults and we hope that you found these entertaining. Thank you for suggesting that we review the range of food on the Slumber Party Package. This is the first time we have had comments on the menu content however, we will certainly carry out a review. There were a number of family groups with Senior Citizens and children attending Christenings and family gatherings, and in our view, it would not have been appropriate to have naked blow-up dolls, and people in their pyjamas moving around the public areas.
The serious allegation that a member of your party was ‘trailed out of the pub and told to go back to her room’ at 9.30 pm is disputed by the Bar Personnel. However, we will be carrying out a thorough investigation and viewing the CCTV record of events, with times, for the evening in question, and will then respond fully to the Organiser/Group Leader.
AnneMarie Kelly
Kellys Inn

Sarah thank you for your reviews about your issues. It is unfortunate that you did not make mention of your issues while you were at the spa as I am sure we could have resolved your issues there and then. I know from our comment book that Jessica the bride to be more than enjoyed her experience as her comments were nothing but complimentary. Lavender is a rural retreat with serenity, relaxation and tranquillity as our priority for all our clients and therefore a party atmosphere is not to be expected. We do not allow alcohol to be brought onto the premises for insurance purposes and also for the health and safety of all our clients and had you enquired we would certainly have advised you of this. It was a mistake on our part to assume that you were aware of this and for this oversight we apologise. It has never been an issue before but we will certainly point this out going forward. We do not and never have served Prosecco at the hot tub area- it is merely bucks fizz which has a very low alcohol level. It is for the health and safety of our clients that we control the amount of buck’s fizz taken. We always explain the rules for using the pool to all groups and individuals - I do apologise if this came across as patronising but client comfort and safety is hugely important to us and at the time the gentleman in question was more than polite and laughed at the idea of bombing into the pool. We try to make it as light hearted as possible but please be assured that we are only thinking of client safety when we mention these precautions. The pool is heated to 30 degrees and I checked our records on the day and the pool was consistently heated to 30 degrees – once again I can only apologise to you if you felt cold but to have it any hotter would be uncomfortable to swim in and we do have to take all clients into consideration as I’m sure you understand. The outdoor hot tub is heated to 39 degrees but as it is outdoors I’m afraid I can’t control the weather especially in November. However the indoor room beside the hot tub was available to you and you were more than welcome to avail of this area .We always split groups into smaller groups for client comfort and safety as 11 people in the hot tub/ Mud chamber at once would have felt too crowded. I apologise if you were unhappy about this but the lady who booked the package would have been made aware of this. I can assure you that every person in your group received the full time for their treatment. Yes it is in the leaflet that the treatment time is 30 minutes but this allows for changing in and out of the treatment rooms along with a consultation to ensure best practice. Unfortunately, we don’t have 11 treatment rooms so the group was again split. We deliberately left the bride until the end so she could have relaxation time with all of the group. We do this for all brides -to -be as we like to think that this is a special time to chill and chat with everyone. I do apologise if this was misinterpreted but our intentions were good. Finally your issue about transport. At the time of booking we were not advised that transport would be required. Yes its only 3 miles from Lavender to Kellys Inn but unfortunately they have to travel quite a distance to facilitate the transfer. We did explain this at the time. We went to considerable lengths to get this resolved as the guy we usually use was on holiday but he kindly got in touch with another company who were able to provide transport at £5 per person. This bus travelled 15miles to get to Lavender and 15 miles back to his base at very short notice on a Saturday afternoon. Once again £55 for 2 miles as you put it does seem expensive but in the proper context I’m sure you will agree that it was a bargain. I am just so glad that Jessica the bride to be thoroughly enjoyed her time at Lavender and I wish her all the best for her wedding in February.
Helene O'Neill
Lavender Health Spa

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Went here for business couple of times.
Dinner is good, breakfast also very nice.

Also possible to take small breakfast with you on the road if needed.

Room is clean and okay.

Overall nothing to complain about.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Called into to the restaurant on Friday on way passed with my son , we decided to have steaks and garlic frys , we waited a long time on our order , was definitely not worth the wait the steak was just fat and grizzle I took one bite and didn't taste right the garlic frys was cold, the waitress ask was all ok when taking plates away I told her I couldn't eat it and my reason why she didn't seem concerned, we paid our bill in full and went , will definitely not be eating in Kelly's again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Have stayed in this hotel a couple of times and each has been very good. The rooms are spread out and you can even drive your car up to a door of your room as they do in American Motels. Each room has 3 beds with a spacious floor are, tea coffee and a Television. The best bit about this hotel is that breakfast is from 7.am until around midday, so a long lie in is not a problem. The prices are really cheap and the food, although basic fare is very good. You need to order before 9.00 pm at night but that has not been a problem. The staff are ever so friendly and the is a bar at the front of the hotel and a SPAR shop next door if you ever need anything.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We were on our way to Donegal when our satnav indicated somewhere to stop and eat. It was just right. The staff were friendly and welcoming and explained the menu to us. The restaurant was comfortably busy with other diners
It was very good value with two courses for £12.95. Everything was cooked fresh to order and we didnt have to wait too long for our food to arrive
A good find and would definitely recommend to fellow travellers

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple