All reviews loft suite hot tub suite will drop you off and pick common room biscuits and gravy the owner great place to stay midnight leif pilot sinks tv trolley town
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed at Up, Up and Away for a wedding we attended in Hermann. While this wasn’t our first choice at first the wedding was on Mai Fest weekend, so everywhere we called was booked. We stumbled upon Up, Up and Away and booked it. We arrived at night, so I wasn’t able to see the entire place at first, but realized how amazing it was in the morning. We stayed in the loft suite with two other couples and the space was perfect. The spiral staircase to get up to the loft was a bit much when taking your bags up, but once we got settled the space was great. We had two bedrooms with King beds and a pull out couch in the small living area. We shared a huge common area and a deck with a group of girls in town for a bachelorette party. The deck off the back was the perfect place to hang out on Friday evening and have a few drinks. The beds in the rooms were very comfortable, but I can’t speak for the pull out couch. The pull out couch was a little annoying to have to pack it up to sit on the couch, but it worked. I would have liked to have had actually doors to the loft instead of just a railing (that latched) and big sliding curtain, because it would have been nice for the people on the pull out couch to not be woken up by the people in the shared space. The food both mornings was delicious! While the bed and breakfast was a little ways outside of town, it was very hidden and quiet. But even the trolley picked up and dropped off out there. As far as safety the front door had a keypad so it was nice and safe. My only complaint is the rooms are made to have more than one couple in them, but the room rate is only for two occupants with an extra charge for each additional person. This room charge would not keep me from staying there again and telling everyone about our fabulous stay. I would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My girlfriends and I stayed at Up Up and Away Lodging for my bachelorette party. We booked the Midnight Suite for 10 girls all weekend. Because it was Maifest we were required to book a 2-night minimum. Both rooms were great except there was no A/C in the 2nd bedroom. We were also required to pay extra for each person over 2 even though there were 2 separate rooms included in the midnight suite. There's a king size bed and pull-out couch in both rooms to share so 10 girls was a bit tight but we managed. The great room that we had access to was amazing and beautiful. The lodge was very nicely renovated but still had an antique touch to it. The breakfast in the morning was also very good. It was a little hard to find but once we did it was easy. I would highly recommend this lodge and hope to come back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mbreid4
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My two daughters booked this as a mother/daughter getaway. We had the loft suite. It was beautiful and spotless. Two bedrooms with King beds (very comfy). A living room, kitchenette, dining alcove and full bath. Also available to us was a great room with bar, tv, and a deck with beautiful views. This was one place that would allow a one night stay. Other B&B's required a 2 night stay. We were asked about any food allergies (we have none) but I thought it was very nice that they catered to people who did. A delicious breakfast was delivered to our suite right on time. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank billandshell
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This was our first time in a bed and breakfast and we could not have enjoyed ourselves more! Leif and Beth have a beautiful home and are completely hospitable. The room was pristine, comfortable, and the perfect retreat from everyday life. The views from the Deck Suite will take your breath away. Thank you Leif and Beth for all your generosity, we cannot not wait to get back to Hermann to visit once again!

Room Tip: You will love the Deck Suite!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2011

The MOST hospitable hosts I've ever experienced. Leif and Beth are made for running a bed and breakfast. Besides their gorgeous home sit atop the highest, scenic spot in Hermann, the breakfast was to die for. I told Beth that my boyfriend had a gluten allergy, and I was hoping she could accommodate with maybe some eggs and meat. I really wasn't expecting a lot - I just didn't want my boyfriend to be served a plate of muffins so he'd have to starve before indulging in wine all day. WOW - did she go above and beyond. To the 10th degree. We were served a gorgeous breakfast (see picture) and I felt bad telling them Jeremiah couldn't eat the pancakes...until she said they were gluten free. She went out and bought a special GF pancake mix and even made the cinnamon apple topping recipe that was on the package. They tasted better than regular pancakes! It was so sweet of her to do that; she even gave me the extra pancake mix so I could make it at home.

As far as the room goes, it is spotless with a king sleigh bed that was so comfortable I considered asking for the mattress and sheet brands. We stayed in the loft suite, and for only $135 we had 2 bedrooms, a private bathroom, small dining area where breakfast was served, living area, refrigerator with complimentary water bottles, 2 flat screens with a DVD player...basically a whole loft apartment. You also have access to their great room which includes a pool table, bar, and large balcony with a view - telescope and binoculars included.

Perfect getaway; you will feel like you just stepped back in time to a romantic German village. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple