All reviews comfortable room worked fine road noise large bathroom parking lot is air conditioner road trip hotel is located non smoking microwave
Reviewed 16 December 2016

We were surprised at the size of the room, 2 queen beds and plenty of space to move around. The bathroom was also quite spacious with the vanity running the length of the room (approx. 8 feet), the desk clerk told me that all the rooms were wheelchair accessible after their renovation. Good price, great beds, free hot breakfast = excellent stay.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2016

This poor lodging has been road hard and put away wet. This is a tired property that is in dire need of a make-over, although it is not a horrible place to stay it is a depressing little place. The Pros: Very friendly and on-the-ball desk staff was impressive. They are doing their best to be professional and helpful. Bed was awesome for a good night's sleep. My room was impressively spacious. The Not Pros: The room needs more detailed cleaning from housekeeping. A few stray human hairs on the sink and floor, a couple insects (live and dead) in the room and bathtub, and a general feeling of not-quite-cleaned atmosphere in the room. Wonky internet connection was a frustration, and the microscopic parking lot was a challenge. The property is located about 30 yards off the highway which makes for the occasional truck/vehicle noise. I must admit that when I left i would have given it two stars, but after some reflection I think 3 stars is more fair. Poking around Hannibal I think this style property is the norm here. But, it was not awful, and if they can come up with the $$$ to give it a much needed facelift it will benefit.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

We were walk-ins and there was no problem getting a room. The first room we were were put into was not completely made up...one of the beds had not been made. Stacy, the night clerk responded immediately and put us into another room. The room was decent. The bathroom was huge and all of it was clean. No smells. The beds were comfortable. Amazing breakfast. Only complaint is that the walls were paper-thin and the noisy guys in the next room sounded like they in ours. We could hear their every word.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed 7 September 2016

This hotel was beyond what we expected for the price! Everyone was nice, the room was super clean and the bathroom in our 2 Queen room was HUGE!!! From the outside, I may have driven right past, but the inside was great. Breakfast was free and delicious. It consisted of biscuits and gravy, cereal, pastries, bread/bagels, oatmeal, and decent coffee. I definitely plan on staying here any time I'm in Hannibal.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Marti P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Thank you so much. We are glad that you chose to stay at the Hannibal Econo Lodge, and that your stay was a good one. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in Hannibal!

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Let me get the bad out of the way first.

The carpet and couch were worn and a little grungy. Both could use a good steam cleaning or replaced. Also room could use a detailed cleaning. Not that it was dirty by any means but some dust and lint in places. The parking in the courtyard was tight ( full size extended cab truck) and had some road noise from busy street.
The good
Comfortable room with fridge and microwave. Sheets were clean and no smoke/hotel smell. Pillows were fluffy and plentiful
Bathroom was spotless and stocked with full size towels. Room was equipped w a surge protector/usb charge station. (Great idea Econo Lodge)
Good location, only a few minutes from most attractions.
Staff was awesome. Everyone from desk clerk to house keeping all spoke/waved/smiled EVERY TIME I saw them. Thumbs up to them for going out of their way to make it a good stay. Most discount chains I've stayed at will start taking down breakfast at 15 till close. Here they offered to cook more to be sure us sleepy heads got our fill!
Very good hot breakfast, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy plus pastries, cereals, and oatmeal.
I wish I'd gotten his name but the gentleman who checked us in on the evening of 8/29 was great. Quickly resolved a payment issue with our reservations, very helpful and seemed to be on site and working the whole time we were there!
I would tell you if you're not looking for a luxury hotel, to ignore the bad reviews and stay here. If you do have an issue, give them a chance to resolve it. I think they will make your stay comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple