All reviews cinnamon rolls front desk pancake machine room was clean kansas city nice breakfast yogurt easy access enjoyed our stay business trip convenient location hie expressway
Reviewed 27 September 2016

My husband and I stayed overnight for a business meeting. The gentleman at the front desk was great. Our room was clean and the hotel location was not too far off the interstate. One of the better IHG establishments we've stayed at. Will definitely revisit.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
chris h, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Thank you very much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Grandview location. We enjoyed your company and were happy to serve you. I hope that we will be able serve you in the future. Please let us know if we can be any further assistance to you in the future.

Thanks,

Chris

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Positives: Friendly staff, comfortable beds, the pool was clean and opened at 5AM which was great for our family trip Negatives: 1) Thin walls allowed us to hear every footstep upstairs, traffic on the street and chatter in the hallways, 2) The free WIFI was a nice amenity, but the connection kept dropping and had a weak strength when it was working, 3) The continental breakfast did not have any healthy options. The fruit area only had rotten bananas and mealy, aged apples. There was an option for eggs, but they had a core of melted cheese. Everything else was carb heavy or just for indulgence, 4) The ottoman in our room had a large, white stain on it. I'm still not sure if that was a stain left by a guest or the remnants of bleaching to remove a stain from a guest. Either way, it should have just been replaced. It wasn't a terrible stay, but several easy improvements could have been done to upgrade the breakfast experience and options, the room amenities and the wireless signal strength. Understandably, thin walls and ceiling are not easily remedied, but nevertheless are a major factor in our decision to stay in a hotel in the future.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
chris h, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. It was a pleasure to have you are our guest.
I am sorry that we had failed you on breakfast and wifi. I am personally looking into the issue to make sure this does not happen again. You are very important to us and always want to make sure our guest are taken care of. I hope that you will give us another chance to show you our changes.

Thanks,

Chris

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Very kind & friendly staff, extremely clean and updated hotel and a nice property that is well lit. Easy to access from the highway too! We would definitely return if back in the area in the future...

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for allowing us to serve you during your stay with us. It was a pleasure to meet you and hope that we will see you again very soon. Pleas let us know if we can be any further assistance to you.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Oh my gosh where should I start. I had the best time this weekend! I'm from Fairfield, Ohio. I drove with my cousin to Kansas City to see a Chiefs game. My daughter flew in from San Antonio, Tx. My grandkids and their mother Jessica and her new fiance' drove up from Whiteman AFB. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Grandview. WHAT AN EXCELLENT HOTEL to stay at. At first they didn't have room for my grandkids because they were booked up. So I made a reservation for my grandkids at the Holiday Inn in Overland Park 9 miles away from us. But Grandview found out they were coming and when a SUITE was available they put my grandkids up in that! They told me to call the Holiday Inn in Overland to cancel before 6 pm that day. I called that early morning and they WOULD NOT CANCEL the reservation because they said it had to be 24 hours in advance. I made the reservation a little over 24 hours before that! So I went downstairs to talk with the front desk. Two beautiful women, Pat, the Hospitality Specialist and Brittney the front desk specialist called and took over. Brittney called Overland Park and they had no respect for her whatsoever. They would not cancel my reservation. They didn't care if she was an employee of Holiday Inn or not. They wouldn't even let her talk with the manager on call that day. They wouldn't even give her the managers name!!! They kept giving her to different people to talk to. She told them that I had called well before 6 and they were obligated to cancel my reservation. They just didn't want to. She said she also have been to that hotel as a customer and she was treated very badly. She told them herself that she wouldn't advise people to come there. So Brittney asked the woman for her name. The woman gave her the first name and not her last name. She asked for the managers name and she wouldn't give it. She gave me the info and the name of IHG of Holiday Inn and told me to call them and they will MAKE Overland Park cancel my reservation and that's exactly what happened. It was crazy. But with Brittney and Pat on my side thru the whole weekend, I had a great time. The pool and hot tub and the hot free breakfast in the morning was right on point. Free convenient parking too. My grandson and I went out in the back and flew his new airplane I bought him. I was on the 2nd floor and there was a vending machine with snacks, a soda machine, an ice machine. In the room was a microwave, and good size refrigerator and a coffee maker. My daughter and I had 2 queen size beds, and they were so comfortable! Lastly, the showers!!!............Oh wow, I just cant say enough about the hot shower. I know this sound like it was too good to be true but it was. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

I am very sorry that you had issues at another IHG property. We want to take care of all our guests. I am very happy that Brittney was able to accommodate you and make sure that you were able to stay with us. She is one of our best employee's and she strives for excellence in customer satisfaction.

WE look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Convenient location, generous breakfast.
We especially recommend Sara at the front desk who went above and beyond when it came to helpfulness - she deserves a gold star!
Only 40 minutes by car from Kansas City Airport.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business