“Outstanding Prime Rib”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Anzeiger
Description: Kreis' has been a St. Louis favorite for over 60 years. Famous for our world renowned Prime Rib.
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Without a doubt, the best prime rib I've ever eaten. Cooked perfectly. The off-the-menu salad was a delicious spinach. Great steakhouse ambiance and superb service: no hovering, just professional service by the server and busboy.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

On arriving at the restaurant we were greeted in a friendly manner.
On being seated we initially found the staff friendly with their recommendations.
The starter/appetiser was pretty good, although not too exciting. We had the Gumbo/soup.
We ordered the signature steak for the restaurant which tasted very good and was a very reasonable size.
The New York Strip was over cooked and looked like it had been cremated on the fire, but luckily the beef was a good quality to we managed.
We also ordered cod, this was service with a garnish which was very badly presented as the leaves were in bad condition (see photo attached). We voiced our problem with The waiter, who was cocky enough to tell us that it was normal. I’ve never seen or heard a waiter state that dodgy salad is normal.
As the waiter didn’t offer any solution, I contacted the manager who gave us a couple of puddings which were below standard, but this did not make up for the issue we had.

Despite the very bad attitude of our waiter the steak was good (prime rib queen), however if you order anything else in the restaurant don’t expect too much.

We went to this restaurant to celebrate my wife’s birthday, we will not be going back ever again to be subjected to a cocky and arrogant waiter, but maybe you won’t suffer the same problem.

1  Thank Leejc223
Reviewed 10 November 2017

My friends and I had dinner last night at Kreis's and it was GREAT! George was our waiter and he added to the "greatness" of this restaurant. Their specialty is Prime Rib. One of my friends did order the Prime Rib and he said it was perfect. I had Scallops and they were sweet, tender and cooked to perfection. My other friend had a Filet and he loved his entree' too. My side was creamed spinach and it melted in your mouth.
The only negative about the place was our dessert. We ordered the Chocolate/Caramel Sundae and it wasn't work it. We couldn't find the Caramel. Get the Apple Strudel which someone at our table ordered and shared. It was much better.
This place has been in Frontenac for years and has quite a following of "regulars." They will take priority whether you have a reservation or not. Just be aware of that. Having written that I will say that if you have to wait a few minutes for a table it's well worth the wait.
I would also recommend a week night rather than a weekend to go there. We went on a Thursday evening and it was still crowded, but nothing like the weekends. On the weekends it's packed and understandably so because the food is delicious.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Hard to say anything bad about this place. The atmosphere is amazing as the restaurant gives you the vintage/classic feel. It’s very romantic for a fancy date. Great martinis. My wife loves the lamb I find it hard not to get the prime rib. It’s absolutely amazing. Best I’ve ever had. Filet is always a good choice too. The sides are typically for two and they have good desert selection as well. We always ask to sit in Richards section. He’s been there for a long time and is a great server. Always a good choice and definitely are go to spot for a fine dining experience in STL !

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Great experience, food was fantastic and all the staff were so accommodating and gracious. The staff have been employed for many many years and the camaraderie was a pleasure to see.