1,130 results
All reviews main building upscale mall executive lounge front desk hilton st st louis an older hotel fitness center beautiful hotel airport shuttle easy access outdoor pool business trip bed was comfortable clayton building wedding hallway
Reviewed 13 November 2018

very disappointed with the staff not able to give directions or knowing where handicapped parking is available. very poor organization of routing poeple through a buffet and setting people whwere others are blocked in, could be a fire code issue

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
AlSedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your constructive comments regarding your experience and the function that was attended. I will ensure the appropriate departments managers are made aware to ensure we take corrective actions in regards to your comments. We thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.

Reviewed 13 November 2018

We stayed on the executive level, there are also villas here worth checking out for next time. This is a typical large Hilton. The only downside is accessing the hotel - it can only be approached from one direction and there can be a lot of traffic in the area. Sometimes you have to make awkward u-turns to get to the hotel and getting out of the hotel can also be tricky, usually you have to make several right turns on the local streets. It's very easy to walk to the mall down the street and there's a Schnuck's grocery store across the street. We would consider staying here again since there's airport transportation.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2018

Attending an onsite conference, staying at the venue was convenient, although the event was in another building and a bit of a trek for my elderly mother. Undoubtedly a great hotel for airport shuttle travelers, we found parking space to be limited & cramped, especially for a 4-door Tundra. Big YAY for automatic front doors :-) Kudos to housekeeping. Everything was sparkling. Room #1128 was spotless & spacious. Flat screen TV w/TWC, TCM, HBO & lots of sports channels. Plenty of wifi signal strength. Easily accessible electrical outlets for chargers, etc. Beds were comfortable with fat, fluffy pillows but I much prefer actual fitted bottom sheets. I understand the economics but flat sheets tucked under in lieu simply do NOT stay put, especially by the second night. Not sure what the thread count was, but underwhelming :-/ Still, they were bright white & freshly pressed. One luggage rack is not sufficient for a room with two beds. With serious health issues (the reason for the conference) we brought a few (organic) groceries & were disappointed that our room did not have fridge/micro, but driving to nearby Whole Foods deli was an option. The first night weather was awful so we dined at the in-house restaurant and it was outstanding ~ the french onion soup was excellent as were our salads and my mom loved the seared tuna with grilled shallots. Next night we found room service to be slow but it was Sat PM and issues were happily resolved. Five stars for customer service !!! Be advised the layout of the property is a little unusual, and it's easy to get disoriented. All the hallways look alike and evoke images of a carnival house of mirrors. If you have mobility issues ask the front desk to place you accordingly. Ultimately, you're paying for the name ~ we've stayed at mid-range hotels for half the price that were just as nice. But should you be attending an event at the Hilton, staying onsite is worth every penny !!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
AlSedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Thank you for your detailed and positive comments regarding our property. We appreciate the time taken and the positive comments regarding the staff and the property and the food quality. The staff certainly appreciates this and we will pass on to the appropriate departments.

Reviewed 10 November 2018

Having not stayed in the area I did not know you have multiple buildings, add on you have no security between the buildings and my building had a couple of stairs to go up and neither set of doors from main building to my building were automatic. I carry 120 lbs of gear in 4 bags. This was not an easy stay and staff were not available to help. Being in an out building did not feel safe at all especially with other “guests” wandering the halls late in the evening. For the price I paid my room did not measure up.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your comments on your stay and apologize that the room was not in a location that was convenient for you. We do have security on property and want to ensure that this is a standard and wish that we could have moved you to a more suitable location. We certainly appreciate your feedback and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again on a future stay.

Reviewed 9 November 2018

FIRST VISIT: I stayed here in August 2018. I bought the room on HotelTonight so it was at a discounted rate. I was assigned a room in an outer building to the right of the hotel as you approach the front. It wasn't perfect, but it was 95 degrees out and the a/c was blasting when I got in.There was no sign of mustiness, humidity or stale air. There were a few small hairs in the sink and a few tiny ants in the bathroom. Apart from that it seemed clean.
SECOND VISIT: October 26 & 27, 2018. This time I brought my husband. I think we were in room 1507 of a building to the left of the main part of hotel. The room has a window to a hallway, but no window to the outside, so I didn't like that. It looked ok at first, but OMG, do not stay in that room. All night long we heard every whoosh of a toilet and all the draining of every shower in the building. The noise was non-stop, but softer at times and then suddenly louder. I couldn't sleep due to the noise so I put a pillow over my ear and turned on my side so one side was muffled as I rested my head. That was better until I moved and the pillow fell off and I woke up due to noise. I did fall asleep a few times out of exhaustion, but I finally woke up at 7 AM, packed my bags and headed straight to the lobby for a room change. It was not an option to spend another night there. After telling me that a refund was not possible, because I bought it through a 3rd party, we were told to wait a few hours for a clean room. I was happy to wait. I told them I wouldn't need the room until 4 or 5 PM. We were moved to the 2500s in the same building as before and while it was quieter I didn't like that there is a step up into the shower for no apparent reason in a very small bath area. I'm not sure that I'd return here even for a cheap price. I'll take my chances somewhere else next time.
I wish you better luck if you stay here.

Room tip: Be sure you don't have a noisy room before you unpack.
Date of stay: October 2018