Taytro's Bar & Bistro
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Festus
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Taytro's Bar & Bistro is a New Orleans style restaurant located in Festus, Missouri. This family owned and operated business is the owner, Steve's way of bringing his taste of Louisiana back home for all to enjoy. His time spent in the South living, cooking and learning from the locals was not to be forgotten. Steve loved his time and friends in Louisiana and wanted to bring his passion for cooking and love for Louisiana spice back to the place he called home. He and his family opened their restaurant in the winter of 2010. With its unique flavors and ambiance, Taytro's has proven to be a hit with the local residents. Come on in and experience it for yourself!
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Everything about Taytro's was wonderful! First time my husband and I have had the opportunity to eat there and it was amazing!! Great service & the food was spectacular, we cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

The bar-be-que shrimp arrived in a tasty sauce with enough French bread to share and enjoy the whole bowl. A unique dish that is worth the drive. A really good Shrimp Po'boy with a small house salad made a perfect lunch. The ranch dressing and poppy seed dressing are both made "in house" and are excellent. Friendly attentive staff.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

The service was very quick. The food was good. I had the blackened catfish. It was very spicy, well-cooked. It came with red beans and rice, salad and bread. On a previous visit I had had the BBQ shrimp appetizer and poppy seed salad, and liked that much better, the BBQ shrimp is amazing.

I did not realize that it was "music bingo" night. It is a small seating area and we were only a few tables over from the performer. He handed out bingo cards, then proceeded to play Disney movie song clips. We had gone to the restaurant for a good dinner and conversation. This was so loud you could not talk. We finished up and left, no dessert.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

This review is based on only one visit, so maybe it was an off night, but I was really surprised at how bad the food was. My husband and I ordered the same dish - crawfish etouffee - which is a dish I normally love. It was served not even remotely hot in temperature. Some dishes are OK at room temperature but I think a stew-type dish served with rice really needs to be served at a hot temperature. I also expect etouffee to be flavorful and spicy but it was very bland. Just not good at all. Even the iced tea was bad - it was indistinguishable from water that happened to have a brown color. My son ordered the rice and beans and at first they forgot the sausage, but they were pretty prompt at bringing it out when they realized the mistake. The sausage was fine, standard. I took a bite of his beans and it totally tasted like dirt. It had to have been just one bad dirty bite since my son is pretty picky and attentive to off-flavors (such as dirt) and he said it was all OK. Having expressed the negatives about the food, everything else was pleasant. Service was friendly. Our iced teas and water took an unusually long time (maybe close to 10 minutes) but after that, it was all an appropriate amount of time to wait for food to be prepared. We happened to be seated very close to the musician playing but it wasn't too loud - we could still talk without yelling. We really appreciated that the music was very good (bluesy, playing covers of songs I love), but not too overbearing. The atmosphere was overall a really sweet vibe with people enjoying themselves. Just wish the food was better since we went there expecting good food. It was $15 for the etouffee, which would have been totally acceptable if it were even average, but it was really below average.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

My husband and I stopped in here for an anniversary meal last week. We ordered the shrimpalaya which was bbq shrimp served on jambalaya with french bread and a side salad. We split the entree and it was just enough for both of us. The food was quite good and they had margaritas on special for $3. I had the margarita and my husband had a couple draft beers. The waitress was attentive and checked back on us from time to time. We would definitely eat here again.