“OMG The food was fabulous!”

Boathouse Lakeside Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 35 Restaurants in Eldon
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: BoatHouse is located inside of the Marina at Village Marina. Located on the 3MM by water and off lake road W-20. Kid friendly outdoor swimming pool attached to restaurant.
Reviewed 11 August 2015

We are from St Charles..stumbled on this place last October and was blown away by the level of cuisine we were served. I expected bar food but this was elevated to a whole new level. We had a vegetarian with us and the chef actually prepared a special plate just for her..gave her a couple of options even. We had the fish tacos and the chipotle ragoon. Incredible this time as well as the last time we had them. I am impressed with the prices also. So many times you are disappointed by what you are served on the lake, but we will be back and hope it stays...or at least move closer to St Charles. You won't be disappointed should you decide to try the Boathouse.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

Long time user, first time reviewer. I had such a positive experience here that I thought it worth sharing. We had heard that Boathouse was family-friendly, which prompted our visit... so many of the "lakebar" type establishments really ride the line in terms of being family appropriate... so we came in for lunch (myself, my beautiful pregnant wife & our two young children). It was pretty busy, but not packed to the gills. We were greeted and seated very quickly.
Our server's name was Bonnie and she was attentive, knowledgeable with regard to the menu and handled our (beloved, yet difficult...) children with respect and patience while smiling and being very friendly. I had the burger with hand-cut fries, my wife the fish tacos and housemade pasta salad. Our food came out to us hot and in a timely manner (about 15 minutes). My burger was cooked a perfect medium and was loaded with all the goodies I had requested... even the fried egg was spot on - nice and runny. The house fries were double fried, belgian style, and were crisp, golden brown on the outside and nice and fluffy inside, appropriately salted and with a nice touch of rosemary. My wife raved about her tacos, praising the fresh taste of the fish. The kids both had the grilled cheese and munched happily yet messily. Bonnie handled it with a smile.
Boathouse was (our server told us) recently remodeled and it looks great. Hip/Modern without pushing it too far. The pool is perfectly clear and clean, and has plenty of available seating... it is something we will take advantage of for our kids the next time we come here.
As we were departing, I bumped into (literally, I wasn't looking) the chef, whose name was Cory. I thanked him, letting him know that we really appreciated the freshness of the food and the attention to detail on the plates. He was very gracious and generally seemed like a nice guy.
When food, service and venue are all in line... I'm a happy cat. My family and I will definitely be back to enjoy this spot again.

3  Thank veritasinmanducans
Reviewed 25 July 2015

We ordered an appetizer that was so salty we couldn't eat it. We told the waitress, who was very apologetic. The chef then sent us a bowl of chips that were burnt. Bottom line we couldn't eat the appetizer. When we were presented the bill, it was on it and the waitress said the chef wouldn't remove it. The chef was the only person in charge at the time as the manager was at a different restaurant. Cory was the chef and should be fired based on how he managed the situation. I would never recommend this place to anyone based on my family's experience. Also, I'm a permanent resident at the lake and will go out of my way to let people know how we were treated at the Boathouse. I understand that this is affiliated with Casablanca, so I would suspect they treat customers the same way.

2  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 10 July 2015

perfect spot for dinner, great food and drinks. fun and entertaining. wonderful view of the lake and activities.

1  Thank tjrempe
Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

They redid the place from last year. The place looks great but they increased their prices! Over priced food, very small portions and very poor/over priced canned beer selection!

1  Thank Kari O
Mark B, Guest Relations Manager at Boathouse Lakeside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2015

I'm actually glad you posted your experience. We have a new computer system along with the complete remodel and after reading your review, we have made some pricing changes. The canned beer was supposed to be 16oz, but our budweiser distributor ran out of 16oz and delivered 12oz cans. Our system wasn't updated for this change. Also sales tax was getting charged on top of the selling price. We have adjusted the prices and taxes to be included on all liquor items. Thanks again for letting us know of the issue.