See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 March 2017

I booked two nights at The Eldon Inn to attend my best friends funeral. One hour before we were to arrive the manager calls me and cancels the room. I told him he couldn't do that and he did. I had a confirmation number, credit card hold and the jerk did it anyway. There are 2 hotels in the town and the other was sold out. We found another hotel at the last minute that was 15 miles away. I checked the Eldon Inns website and they had rooms available on their website! The owner/manager is a liar and a jerk. Stay way from this place!!!

Stayed: March 2017
6  Thank becca_801
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

This is one of the cheapest motels per night in this area. That being said one can't expect 5 star ammenities.
Check -in was easy enough. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten a cheaper rate online even though she said she gave me a police discount. Shop around first.
The room is small and laid out strangely but it served it's purpose. We needed a bed and shower and that's what we got. Bed was surprisingly comfortable but only gave 2 small pillows. Mini fridge, microwave, flat screen TV with HBO and wi-fi were included in room.
The shower is a little small but I can't review on it at this time b/c I haven't been in yet.
In summary, it's a good stopping through place to sleep. I wouldn't spend more than 1 or 2 nights if I could help it. It definitely served it's purpose without any major complaints from us. Go in knowing what to expect.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank erinlewy
Reviewed 29 June 2016

I have never been treated so rudely by any business! The room was clean, but the phone did not work, the clock did not work, the bed was hard as a rock! I swear they put a board in the mattress right down the middle! I asked the front desk to borrow a pen and she acted like it was a terrible inconvenience! I will never stay there again. No way to run a business. It's no wonder you never see any cars at that place...

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
8  Thank cindyking11011
Reviewed 20 June 2016

I was asleep at midnight on a rock hard stinky bed when someone was trying to get in my ROOM! Some old lady had been given my room. No peep hole so I opened the door and there she was, pissed that I was in her room. She leaves and about time I get back in bed the owner is trying to get in again with her but I had the place dead bolted. What the hell? They finally leave I go back to bed and at 1:00 the phone starts ringing! Are you kidding me? It is the owner or whoever apologizing. Whatever, please just let me sleep! So I get up at 5 and take my stuff to my car to go get some breakfast and come back and watch t.v. Good thing I loaded the car before I left, because when I came back my lock had already been changed and I couldn't get back in the room. I went to front desk and no one ever answered me. Threw my room key card down and left. Take my advice, spend $20 more and go ANYWHERE else.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
6  Thank 9298LT
Reviewed 16 June 2016

We were booked for 2 nights..I have athe paid receipt. We were harassed the entire second day by phone calls constantly saying we only paid for one night. The owner is a foreigner and does not speak English well. VERY VERY RUDE! T was only my daughter and I and she kept trying to get another days rental out of us saying they charge PER PERSON not per room! For only two people?we ended up leaving and she REFUSED to give refund. The a/c didn't work....the tv didn't work even after repeated calls..the smell was old and horrible! Carpets were very gross. Even with receipt they try to get more money from you and HARASS you even if you have your paid receipt. And even though their web site says one thing including for extra person they charge five or seven dollars extra...not over 100which is what we were being to.d for two people! Run as fast as you can from this place! Bathroom is also very tiny!

Room Tip: Very slow wi if...do not stay here. Go to an American owned motel!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family