“Would not recommend”

Add it.
Bistro at the Square
Ranked #18 of 31 Restaurants in De Soto
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Poor service, food not good. Been there more than once, hoping it was a fluke, but not the case. I won't go back.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

We've given this a couple of tries and the food was average at best. This last time, we literally waited over two hours to be served what we ordered. We kept thinking, any time it HAS to come. When we complained, we were told that they weren't expecting or prepared for a party someone had scheduled here! What? Wow. We watched as other customers got up and just left. We'd already received our salads so we felt bad for leaving. When the food came, it was cold. My daughter ordered pasta and the sauce was so watery. My husbands fish was terrible and he didn't feel so well after.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

We met with some friends for dinner thinking we would get a good meal and good company. The company was great and the meal was tasteless. The server didn't seem to know what he was doing. He took our order going around the table one at a time, not to confusing one would think. About 5 minutes later he came back for the table to ask my husband if he was going to eat or not since he didn't order. Everyone at the table knew what he had ordered and when he told the server his comment was "oh yeah, that's right I'll get it ordered for you." we had to ask for bread and salads which arrived just a minute or so before our food. When the food came out one of our party got the wrong food and had to wait for them to fix the correct meal. The steaks were tough, the pasta had no taste and we never could identify what the pork was supposed to be but it wasn't the pork steak special. I won't be returning to this resturant.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

I really did! I went back four times. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and before closing. The service is appalling, it is so bad. I have been sat at tables where the paper place mats are dirty and the cloth table clothes beneath them were dirtier. They do not know anything about their wine selection and when we bought a bottle for dinner they sat it in front of me unopened. No ice bucket, and we had to ask for glasses, then ask could we EACH have our own glass! The food was not bad, if you could choose a selection they were not out of! The waitress did not come back in a timely manner to fill drinks or ask if we needed anything. We waited a long time for our check. It was really as if there had never been any service training, no knowledge of the menu or wine menu, no urgency, which is a crying shame because the place is cute and clean and I really wanted a local hang out I could love.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

This place was in the middle of a hotel which was kinda cozy. It smelled like a mix of wine and food, very pleasing . We sat down and ordered the food and to our surprise was very little amount and the quality was of something I would get from McDonalds . Very sloppy and very bland. We didn't finish our food and at checkout our bill was over 50 bucks. 2 people for over 50 bucks was absolutely crazy. All we got was 2 burgers and soda and just 1 beer. I will never visit again. The young girl told us that she was quiting after we checked out so we also felt very uncomfortable .