“Awesome!”
Review of Dog House

Dog House
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in De Soto
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We eat here somewhat frequently and have never been disappointed. They have a flexible menu, my wife often asks for special requests and they accommodate. Burgers are HUGE! I always get the honey-hot wings but they aren’t spicy. Menu is growing and they just opened up more seating. This is great for ordering out/eating in, taking the family or date night. Great owner who frequently steps outside to talk. Nice to have such a friendly local restaurant. Always clean. Can get busy for dinner and always busy on weekends.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We had a great time at this family friendly, dog themed, restaurant that serves all their meals with the exception of pizza in dog bowls!!! Right now they are promoting their Bow Wow sandwich and it’s a cheese and BBQ lover’s dream. The staff is super friendly and we plan on coming back.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

I had the bacon cheese burger. The menu is pretty simple. Burgers, fries, pizza, loaded baked potatoes. It was so good. Everything the waitstaff served look as good as mine did. I could only eat half of the food. The dog house was very clean and had great staff. We arrived about 7pm for dinner and had about 5 minute wait. It was worth the drive for us and we will definitely return.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

So its a nice novelty restaurant a little out of the norm. The have good burgers (one made with 2 doughnuts as buns! I got a buffalo chicken sandwich that I had to take 1/2 of it home. Your food comes out in dog bowls. Its really neat place especially in little downtown De Soto.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I agree that this was not an impressive place in any way although it is a really cute themed restaurant which serves food in dog bowls and I am a huge dog lover. However, the quality of the food was very average (my mini tacos were decent but far from being really good) and everything else also looked very ordinary. The portions were huge though. Prices were about average for a small town in rural Missouri. Service was enthusiastic and friendly but average. Also dragging down the rating is that at lunch on a Wednesday, this place was really crowded and there was a long line and for really average food, I simply wouldn't do that. So, cuteness can't overcome the average food. Also, the menu choices were somewhat limited and they didn't have any basic diner food like fried chicken or meat loaf or roast beef or turkey or smothered or baked chicken with mashed potatoes and a vegetable like you used to find all over small town rural America. Also, no beer or wine that I saw.

Been to Dog House? Share your experiences!