“First time here”
Review of Stir Crazy

Stir Crazy
Ranked #11 of 70 Restaurants in Creve Coeur
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

All you can eat but ONLY at lunch. You order your selection of meal and noodles/rice with your server. You are then given a bowl to take up to the bar and fill up with as many veggies, condiments and sauces you like. Then you take it to one of the chefs and they stir fry it for you while you wait. If you want peanuts, you need to ask for it from the chef.
My big question is why is there no tip jar for the chefs? The end result? My concoction was EXCELLENT!! Would def go back!

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I went to Stir Crazy to experience a different atmosphere. I wanted the open kitchen experience without the show and food being thrown at me.

We were greeted nicely upon arrival and it was just moments before we were sat at our table. They easily accommodated my group of twelve for lunch (with reservations of course).

Our waiter, though extremely busy, was very nice. He was knowledgeable about anything we asked about on the menu.

My favorite part is going to the food bar and loading my bowl with fresh veggies and spices to give to the cooks behind the glass. Definitely a good place for the weight conscious crowd and vegetarians. So I was able to load up and not feel an ounce of guilt.

All of our orders except for one went smoothly. One of my guests doesn’t eat meat except seafood. She ordered a dish from the window with shrimp. She turned in her veggies and watched him cook only to discover he was giving her a chicken dish. When she questioned him about it he didn’t even come clean about it. It’s pretty easy to tell the difference between chicken and fish. She ended up having to get another staff member involved to get it corrected. But that meant she had to sit and watch everyone else eat. And by the time her food came out she didn’t really have an appetite or time to eat.

Outside of that one incident everything else was great. The food was fresh, good taste without going overboard on the spices, the food was hot and the atmosphere was energetic.

I would definitely recommend going here because it’s something different and it really puts you in control of your plate and calories.

1  Thank RendezvousbyDawn
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Generally go to Stir Crazy, prior to a movie at the local strip mall where it's located. I somehow forget its there, but always glad when I'm reminded.

The place was PACKED for a late lunch. I can see why. The food if fresh and delicious. The servers are quick to take care of you; ensuring that your every need is satisfied.

We ordered the crab rangoon, which was just "ok". Nothing special, and a little shy on the filling for our liking. However, the bowl I ordered with shrimp, chicken and steak was plentiful in protein. You get a lot for your money.

The fried chicken wrap my mother purchased was delicious and more than enough for a second meal. The server gave us the heads up on this and she was right.

The BEST part of the experience is going through the line and literally picking your meal. You select what you want in regards to veggies, toppings, sauces, and you can even add nuts at the end. I personally like the added crunchiness.

Once you get through the line, you hand over your bowls to the chefs. These are some of the hardest working mean I've ever seen! They are managing 3-4 woks all at the same time. It's a masterful "dance" behind the plexi-glass window. I thoroughly enjoyed their performance and wished that there was an opportunity to tip them.

The meal was amazing, and reminded me that I need to go to Stir Crazy more often. I scored 4 vs. 5 stars, as I thought the crab rangoon was fairly expensive for what you got and the lack of filling! Next time, I'll try another appetizer!

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Love creating my own menu~ You tell the waitress what kind of rice or noodle and meat. They bring you a bowl for you to take to the FRESH veggie bar. You fill up the dish with what ever you want in it. They offer several different kind of veggies. You then proceed to the sauce bar and you can create your own sauce for food to be cooked in. after picking your sauce you step up to the Chef and watch them cook it in the WOK. Always very good & staff is great. It is a step above a normal Chinese sit down - because you get to participate! We do not have one in Michigan and we try to hit a Stir Crazy when we can find one.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I just had dinner here with five colleagues. The food was great with good portions, but the appetizers were really tiny. I'd eat here again. I suggest the shrimp pad thai