“We had a wonderful dinner here...our second time. I hope they are open after Irma! The owner Nadi was so gracious and ou”
Review of Le Santal

Le Santal
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2018

The first time we went, I had Marmite de Mer and it was delicious. The views of the water is fantastic as well! We will definitely go back!

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I found the ad and checked reviews on line. It seemed as a place to go for some fancy dinner. Upon arrival our GPS got confused, however the guard came right to our car and solved our parking problem.
We were greeted and seated immediately. Actually we had a chance to choose between two tables. We though of the waterfront and it was a good thought. Magnificent views and different fish in the water.
Food was great and service was superior.
We've got some home made liquors on the way out and came back for more following day.
We loved our experience and we hope many more travelers will enjoy their meals.

1  Thank zumba1996
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We discovered Le Santal last year on our visit. Without question we will visit it every year. Have traveled to the Island for 14 years and do not know how we missed this GEM. Views are outstanding, service superior as is food. Pure French. You are met at the front when you arrive where your car is taken and parked for you and upon leaving you will find your car waiting for you with an attendant. We have never felt uncomfortable going to this outstanding restaurant.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Don't be fooled by the outer appearance of this place - it looks a little past its best from the outside, but the inside is lovely. I booked this restaurant for our wedding anniversary and I requested a table by the sea - well, I was really glad I did, the view was fantastic, the lighting was low and the restaurant was quiet. The waiter was a very friendly, efficient guy. He was the only one working that night and even though it wasn't busy, we weren't the only people there, so he was kept busy. But he was pleasant and attentive and really made us feel welcome. The food was delicious and the desserts were appealing enough to entice me to get one - I don't usually bother. It wasn't a cheap meal, but we will dine here again, no question.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

This is the start of my annual gourmet write ups having downloaded several menus before I departed from some of the best places to have fine dining on St. Martin. Le Santal certainly has a beautiful setting with Anguilla in the distance and one sitting on the waters edge that is lit up at night and you can see the sting rays swim by.

Actually went on two occasions. Their morel mushrooms Raviolis, truffle oil sauce en cappuccino was outstanding. The Dover sole meuniere style with the melted chives butter as a base sauce probably one of the finest I have eaten, except the steamed potatoes were the only vegetable and should have had a few more to compliment such a spectacular dish. Their Souffle was also very, very good and a huge size..mind you, it comes for two and I did not share. Also had a half deboned lacquered duckling marinated with honey and caramelized pineapple. Seriously gourmet! I later found out that the owner was in France and unsure if she is the original Chef. Luckily, she has taught them well.

I used to eat in another restaurant owned by Jean Dupont who was the original owner with his wife(visiting France) who sadly died some 12 years ago and therefore know his high standards of cooking. Definitely a restaurant for true lovers of food and their setting is a bonus. I actually didn't find it difficult to find the place at all as others have. If you have your own car the valet immediately takes it from you and its waiting for you when you leave. Wonderful service.

I gave this place 4 stars when actually it deserves 5. But on both times I visited and I don't know if it was because it's so quiet and out of season(only 10 people) our server, who don't get me wrong was professional and polite, but he appeared to be in a hurry, had very little humor or character and was almost robotic in his manner and it didn't change. Very rare to find everything just absolutely perfect, but that's what 5 stars gets and it just missed out. But if you are a serious foody, do not miss this place.