“Best Prime Rib Ever!”

801 Chophouse St. Louis
Reserve with OpenTable
801 Chophouse St. Louis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 84 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to 801 Chophouse and it definitely won't be our last! This was without a doubt the best prime rib I've ever had! The prime rib was melt in my mouth delicious and I can't wait to return to experience this deliciousness again and again! The Maytag blue cheese potatoes were the perfect compliment to my prime rib and my boyfriend's scalloped potatoes were equally as wonderful. We will definitely return again soon with friends! Our server from Labadie, MO was also outstanding and I'm sorry that I'm unable to recall his name because he certainly deserves recognition!

1  Thank Snowfire1970

Reviewed 16 November 2016

I'm not much of a meat eater but thought I should try some while I'm here. I had the 8oz Filet Mignon with black truffle butter and it was the best piece of meat I've ever had anywhere! It was cooked medium, so tender and tasty. Spouse had the Prime Rib (w/ char) and loved it. All the side dishes were amazing, we tested the green beans, brussel sprouts, hash browns with cheddar, and the onion rings (others had the corn and said it was awesome). The only item not amazing was the Baked Smores Alaskan dessert, it was good, not great. Try something else for dessert! Lastly, the service in the private room we were in was impeccable!

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Do not get me wrong, 801 Chophouse is a great restaurant, with excepcional service and good food but for the price it is not one of the best options around.

Lets begin with the atmosphere, 801 Chophouse has a very enjoyable bar area where you can sit down and enjoy a drink and even the main restaurant area is perfect to enjoy a meal and a conversation. The servers were also exceptional, they were paying attention to every little detail to ensure a great experience. My issue came with the food... Appetizers go for around $10-20, while an entree is in the $50 range. And yes, many other steak houses have similar prices, but the steak I had was not worth the money, hence my 3 star rating.

Overall, the experience at 801 Chophouse is very good, but you will be paying for it.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

We were staying at the Ritz Carlton a few steps away and decided to leave the hotel for dinner. We walked straight out and within a few steps we arrived at 801. It was delightful from the start. We asked for a booth and were seated in one that I think was kind of quasi bar quasi restaurant. Whatever, it was delightful. Our waiter was efficient - maybe not the most personable -but certainly efficient enough. Ordered a Lobster Tail that was broken open in tableside fashion on a cart. The Lobster was wonderful - very sweet and tender. The drawn butter was not hot at all and it took way too much time to get a new hotter version - and the waiter knew that it did and apologized. Don't know who's fault that is - could the waiter have been more diligent in bringing the butter or was he faced with with a busy kitchen? Never know about these things. Anyway, we certainly did have a pleasant time and would return anytime.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Large group of us for a business dinner the service was great and the choices were good. Come hungry but don't go if you are not a beef eater or don't have a big appetite