“Very Nice Place - Cuisine Perfect”

801 Chophouse St. Louis
Reserve with OpenTable
801 Chophouse St. Louis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 84 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2016

We were staying at the Ritz Carlton a few steps away and decided to leave the hotel for dinner. We walked straight out and within a few steps we arrived at 801. It was delightful from the start. We asked for a booth and were seated in one that I think was kind of quasi bar quasi restaurant. Whatever, it was delightful. Our waiter was efficient - maybe not the most personable -but certainly efficient enough. Ordered a Lobster Tail that was broken open in tableside fashion on a cart. The Lobster was wonderful - very sweet and tender. The drawn butter was not hot at all and it took way too much time to get a new hotter version - and the waiter knew that it did and apologized. Don't know who's fault that is - could the waiter have been more diligent in bringing the butter or was he faced with with a busy kitchen? Never know about these things. Anyway, we certainly did have a pleasant time and would return anytime.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Large group of us for a business dinner the service was great and the choices were good. Come hungry but don't go if you are not a beef eater or don't have a big appetite

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Visited with some work colleagues and was not disappointed. Had the bacon scallops followed by the boned in fillet, all were amazing but the star of the show was the mac and cheese. Cannot wait to visit again .

Reviewed 1 November 2016

We are from Tampa visiting St Louis. An incredible and beautiful city. We were told that in this city we would eat the best beef and were suggested to go to 801 CHOPHOUSE. The only chance we had was late at night so we decided to share a 14 ounces steak with no sides. Can't complain about the beef, but I didn't like the presentation. I couldn't believe that the Chef could not think of a little decoration. I am including a picture which will explain better my feelings. The service was simply Average.

1  Thank Daisy L
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Dined here for our anniversary. Our server was very accommodating and got all us that we wanted and more. The food was brought out timely and was prepared well. I had the scallops as an appetizer. Very large and great taste accompanied with a sweet red sauce. Next I had the chophouse salad which was just okay. I ordered the 16 oz ribeye prepared Tuscan style. My girlfriend ordered the 12 NY Strip. I regret ordering it the Tuscan style as it took away from the flavor of the steak. However my girlfriend throughly enjoyed her strip. I ordered lobster mac and cheese and wild mushrooms as well. Both exceeded my expectations. It was a nice however, over priced anniversary dinner. Now that I've been I know what not to get next time.