“Best Italian food in St. Louis wow it was great”
Review of Pastaria

Pastaria
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2017

My wife and I came up Friday, and went Friday night after Thanksgiving 2017 sat at the bar and watched them cook. It was awesome, and it was the best Italian food in St.Louis Thanks to the entire staff.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Needed to have a quick lunch and didn’t want fast food. Quick pasta done right! Portions were large and filling. House bread was offered but only one slice. Would have liked to have been offered more with our plates. We ordered a pizza to go because i would be on my own for dinner. Was just ok for the price. Would go back.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

My family and I love to come here. The location is wonderful and the food is amazing. There is something for everyone in the family! The staff is also very friendly and helpful! The one down side is that it is usually very crowded causing the waiting time to be long. But other than that, one of our favorite places in St. Louis!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We wanted to like Pastaria. We went for my daughter's 17th birthday at her request. First you have to have the nowait app, which we got. I figured 45 min to an hour on a Friday night was enough wait time so I logged in a 6:30 and got a wait time of almost 3 hours (9:20). I thought this must be a joke and the line would speed up or people would drop off. They didn't. I called. The receptionist said it would be exactly what it said - and it was. We got in at 9pm. We paid $19 for dried out vegetarian lasagna (the birthday girl). She barely ate any of it. Yes, $19 for a small piece of dried out lasagna with no sauce or side. I got the pistachio ravioli, which was suppose to be in "brown butter sauce" but it was in a soup of oil mixed with what tasted like balsamic vinegar - and that was the "sauce". The pasta was dried out unless I dipped it in the oil. Not the brown butter sauce I'd ever had anywhere else or was looking forward to. The entree was $17 so I ate it all but it was not enjoyable. The filling of riccata and lemon was pleasant. The pizzas were pretty good and the side order of brussel sprouts were out of this world - done in lemon and chili oil for a zing. No one ever came back to ask if we wanted refills on our drinks - I think the waitress saw right away we weren't spending outrageous amounts of money on drinks and dessert and avoided us. We probably could have avoided the 3 hour wait if we had said 4 people instead of 5 and put a kid on the end of the table but if you've never been there before you don't know if you can do that or not. That is what they ended up doing for us. I just don't understand what people like about this place. It is overpriced, the food (other than pizza) is not fantastic, and the wait is unbelievable. Save your time and money and go next door unless you are single and have unlimited time and money to spend on one person.

1  Thank Joan S
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Fantastic food and casual setting. Wonderful, rich flavor with reasonable prices. Great place for dinner after a long day of exploring