“Loud, food average”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Took a large group. Service was very good, nice attentive college age kids. Just didn’t think the food was remarkable. Seemed a lot of food was left on plates.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Waited over an hour for a very noisy and very slow meal. Food was good, service was poor. Food came out in shifts- 10 minutes to get all meals on the table! First served meal,was cold. Not ever going back and recommend you only go on off hours. Very poorly managed and organized. Never again!!!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Pastaria is a pretty good pasta restaurant. I was very excited to try it, and maybe my expectations were therefore a bit high. I really wanted to love it, but it turned out to be just a "liked it" experience.

Our server, Cait, was terrific. She was prompt, attentive, knowledgeable, and genuinely enthusiastic about the restaurant. She informed us all of the ingredients for the food were prepared fresh in-house. I ordered the summer squash lasagna ($17.95) and my wife ordered the four cheese pizza ($13.75). The lasagna was quite good, but pretty small for its price. It did not come with a salad or any accompaniment besides the complimentary bread we were served upon being seated. The pizza was average. The crust was very thin and there was not a lot of cheese on it.

The dining area is clean and comfortable, but the tables are packed closely together, and gave me the feeling of being right on top of the diners the next table over. There is a parking deck in the structure the restaurant is located in, and Pastaria validates tickets, so parking is free.

Overall, Pastaria is a decent place to go for dinner. The pasta dishes seem to be above average in taste but a little below average in value, while the pizza is merely average.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We had planned on taking everyone to Pastaria on Sunday. However our daughter had gone to the Clayton art fair on Friday and said it would be impossible to find parking. MC and I decided to try as we were headed out of town. After finding parking (it was difficult). We walked around the fair for awhile, then to Pastaria. There was no way we were going to leave St. Louis without made in-house pasta. We had the Wood Oven Roasted Lasagna and the Pistachio Ravioli. MC is the lasagna fan, me not so much. However, we both loved this one. It was soft and almost creamy. Ravioli was also excellent but perhaps a bit rich for us. We also enjoyed the craft beers.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This was excellent! Great ambiance and location. Of course their pastas were amazing. They had several options for a large party, and were very accommodating with our reservation. They also have gluten-free pastas, which could be better advertised. My favorite thing, though, was their dessert tart. I'm pretty sure I licked the plate clean.