“Clean, comfortable, good climate control”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carthage
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Stayed here when the Quality Inn was booked up. This is less expensive and right off the freeway so I did not expect much. There was a big religious event in town so they filled up fast. Still, I found the stay quiet and restful. The room was clean and very comfortable. The air unit looked recent and it was very easy to control the room temperature. The amenities were similar to Quality Inns (refrigerator, TV, Iron and board, Hair dryer, and (I think) a microwave. Free breakfast was the standard waffles, cereal, etc. No hot meat when I was there. I'm told they had a pool too but I did not get to check that out, as I got in late and had a funeral to attend the next morning.

For the average traveler staying a night or two, I would absolutely recommend the Econo Lodge.

Room Tip: Upper floor has doors into hallway. Lower floor has a door at each end of the room; one to the parki...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I read some "not so good" reviews about this place, but our room was very nice. Everything worked, it looked fresh and we were very pleased. It was clean and the decor was very nice. The enclosed pool is a plus especially on a rainy day. The breakfast was fine with a number of choices available. Would I stay there again ? Yes !!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2017

I have stayed here once a year since 2015, and each year there are improvements. Newer beds since May of 2016, new decor, curtains, bed spreads, etc. Firm pillows on the beds, just wish that there could have been a less firm pillow available. Highly recommend this hotel, very reasonable pricing and a great location! We'll be back next year. :)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I stayed there for 4 days and I enjoyed it. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Only things that kinda sucked when I was there was that my key was working fine until the last day and had to get it re keyed a couple of times; and also they had started repainting in the building and it was starting to give me a headache. Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

The hotel has been recently remolded.The staff was very nice and the hotel was clean. I stayed there with 3 friends. We would have stayed again except the mattresses were hard. They should have invested in better mattresses. We all had sore backs the next day. I really don't care if a hotel has a great " free" breakfast... but I do care about a good nights sleep. Too bad they did a nice job on the remodel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business