“the best latte hands-down”
Review of Mother Road Coffee

Mother Road Coffee
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Carthage
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Mother Road Coffee is a specialty coffee house on the historic downtown square in Carthage, MO, just 2 blocks off of Route 66. We are directly across the street from the beautiful Jasper County courthouse. We offer espresso based hot and iced drinks, tea, smoothies, and assorted baked goods (selection varies daily). Soup of the day added to our menu as of September 2013. All soup is made in-house. Please see our Facebook page for today's soup.
Reviewed 20 June 2018

my wife and i have different tastes in so many things, thus differing opinions, but on their hot lattes, we both concur that theirs is the absolute best we've ever had. period. and have we ever partaken of a LOT of coffee all over the place. we love enjoying a small town, town square coffee shop, and it's across from the most beautiful courthouse. if you love coffee and quaint, this place is worth going out of your way for

MotherRoadCoffee, Owner at Mother Road Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Best. Review. Ever! Thank you so much! ~Kara & Ed Hardesty

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I wish we had Mother Road in MY neighborhood back in Chicago! This is what a neighborhood coffeehouse should feel like: personal, comfy, good selection, plenty of room to sit and read and work on a computer or talk with a friend. Has a cool, hip Route 66 vibe and is located directly across from the county courthouse. Easy street parking.

MotherRoadCoffee, Owner at Mother Road Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thanks so much for your very kind review! It's always nice to know that we are reaching our mark and the space we envisioned in our hearts has indeed come to life. Thanks so much for stopping we, we hope to see you again ~ Kara & Ed Hardesty

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Always looking for coffee to fuel my day I happened to stumble across the Mother Road Coffee Shop while checking out the Jasper County Courthouse. Whoo! Hoo! After the thin coffee I had at breakfast I was really happy to get a good cup of joe with a shot of espresso to push me on down Route 66.

MotherRoadCoffee, Manager at Mother Road Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thanks for stopping in! Safe travels down the route!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

As part of our Historic Route 66 we stopped off in Carthage to find a coffee.

We are so glad we found this coffee shop which provided us with a wonderful cup of coffee and tea (with milk in the tea rather than cream - brilliant for us Brits!!)

We set outside in the beautiful morning sun and enjoyed watching the slow pace of Carthage go by.

The staff in the shop were really helpful and keen to tell us about their town (which includes an Drive-In movie theatre on the outskirts!)

When we asked about the parking we were told it was free parking but, if we got a ticket, the lady offered to pay it for us because she wanted us to stay and enjoy the town!!

MotherRoadCoffee, Manager at Mother Road Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

We are so glad you found us on your Route 66 tour. Carthage IS delightful, we appreciate you pausing for a few moments on our patio. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We hope your holiday in the States is fantastic!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Not great if you have food allergies. I inquired about a clean blender for my coffee, as I have food allergies to items being added to some drinks. The person I spoke with informed me that they don't sanatize between each person and left it up to chance that no one had made anything in that blender that day that I would be allergic to.

MotherRoadCoffee, Manager at Mother Road Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for posting a review. We read each one and definitely will use your feedback to review our policies for our customers who may have food allergies. In order to do that I'd like a bit more information about what item you were considering and your specific allergy. Would it be possible for you to email us at motherroadcoffee@gmail.com? Thanks again.

Been to Mother Road Coffee? Share your experiences!