“Don't waist your money”

Notch Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Branson West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2016

The only good thing about this place is that our room was clean, even though it smelled of cigarette smoke and was a non smoking room.The water in the shower was luke warm and it took forever for it to get to warm.No coffee pot.No fridge.No microwave,no hair dryer.Air conditioner didn't work properly. We thought the balcony was going to fall in.No water in the swimming pool. The lobby was very cluttered.If it weren't for all the other motels being booked,we wouldn't have stayed.......Way over priced.....have stayed at cheaper motels that were a lot nicer.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here because we were tired of driving and had to rest. We didn't want to spend much or veer far from our highway so we stayed here. First of all, the room was clean and they did have a continental breakfast (the usual carb laden offering of bagels, biscuits and gravy, English muffins, toast). The room really needs an upgrade and they did not keep up with things like putting the toilet paper holder back on the wall after it came off. It also had a musty smell which gave me a stuffy nose. The wash cloths and towels were in a Walmart bag on the counter which made my hubby and I laugh. I wouldn't stay again due to the musty smell, but if it wasn't for that it did serve the purpose of providing a clean place to sleep for an exhausted pair!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

Our stay was last minute all other hotels were booked in town. The room was nice, old school box TV, but very clean, would stay again. Little bit pricey for the room it was 97 for one night. Does have a nice outdoor pool, but we didn't have a chance to check it out. Very close to Silver Dollar City, like a mile or two away.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brittany C
Reviewed 3 August 2015

This was a last minute booking and the hotel was close to Silver Dollar City. The lobby looked like a hoarder lived there. Stuff was piled everywhere and looked like they literally lived there. Outside the hotel there was stuff everywhere also. Going up to the second floor, looking down through the stairs, was a huge boat parked. Also on line it did not say anything about it being apartments, but on the sign coming into the hotel it did. The owner said after midnight a bus would be dropping off a group of workers that lived there.

The owner was nice and gave our key to us early since we would not be coming back until after midnight. The hotel room was ok for a night stay, the sheets and towels were clean and on the surface it looked ok. There was not a coffee pot in the room and no alarm clock. Under the beds were nasty and the ceilings looked like they had many leaks. The beds were not comfortable.

The room was supposed to include a breakfast. When my husband went to the lobby for coffee he said there literally was one biscuit. I went to the lobby to check and they had three biscuits out, a crockpot with gravy and two tubs with cereal. It was hard to see what belonged for breakfast and what was their personal belongings. Stuff was everywhere in the breakfast room, which is off the lobby. We ended up going to Hardee's. The hoarder look kinda grossed me out.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank 411tanya
Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

Last minute stay, I was going to give this place the benifit of the doubt but they continued to let me down on all fronts.
#1. Cleanliness- it is a mom and pop place. It has an envelope for house keeping tips. There was a 1/2 eaten stale donut under our bed.
#2. Breakfast - our family of 5 got 4 cinnamon rolls and 1 biscuit. When attempting to get another we were told by the female attendant/owner that we had recived our share and had plenty. The next day I went elsewhere for breakfast when I went downstairs to get utensils to eat with I was told they were only for eat in guest.
#3. Safety - see pictures. The latch for the door was in the desk drawer. I had to set a chair in front of the door. It took a good 20 minutes to get it locked when leaving our room.

To sum up. I was going to make the best of our situation. It was last min. How bad can it be. I go to Branson a lot. It seems at times once a month. I will not stay or recommend this place at all. Stay elsewhere. Drive in from Kimberling city or Hollister. I REPEAT I DO NOT RECOMMEND

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
0.5 km away
Shady Acre Motel
Shady Acre Motel
#2 of 7 in Branson West

Been to Notch Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!