“Not A Good Value”

Ranked #33 of 49 Branson B&B and Inns
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Not A Good Value”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Upon arrival, the hotel looked very nice. The staff was very friendly. This property is a mom & pop type business – which I normally try to give some leeway when I write reviews. My wife and I chose the Honeymoon Suite to celebrate our anniversary. There were good things and bad things with our stay. The hotel has no elevator and the distance (with stairs included) is very cumbersome for rooms higher than the lobby floor. A stay at this place would be all but impossible for handicapped persons with mobility issues. The room had a king size bed, a Jacuzzi/shower combo, and a love seat. The television was a standard hotel tube TV. The room was somewhat large and had a microwave and a refrigerator. We had to ask for a coffee maker, hair dryer, and an alarm clock. The room was OK, but a number of things detracted from the stay (and value). The toilet did not flush properly – you had to hold down the handle for about 40 seconds. If you do more than urinate, you may have to do the flush scenario up to 4 times. The air conditioner never cooled the room adequately – it is too small for the space it is used to condition (I suspect that heating would be a problem in the winter). The shower was pathetic with regard to water pressure. Plan to spend a great deal more time trying to get the shampoo out of your hair.

The first morning, I was awakened at 7AM to vacuuming in the hall. This is odd as later that day, not only was our room not vacuumed it didn’t need it when we left), but there were feathers and bits of paper all over the carpet. I was reminded of Lilly dusting on The Munsters. The bed was made, trash emptied, and clean towels each day was the extent of the cleaning. Then, of course, there was the matter of the bottom of my feet turning black from the carpet. I didn’t notice this until the first time I stepped into the shower and there were two footprints in the basin.

The hotel offers a breakfast which seems to feature Great Value oatmeal packets. No fresh fruit whatsoever and not breakfast meat of any kind. We ended up buying breakfast elsewhere each day. The swimming pool made me feel coated with a residue of some sort – I certainly needed a shower after getting in the pool.

With all of the accommodations available in Branson, I urge you to find better value at somewhere besides the Victorian Palace.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank AlphaRam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
missouri
Reviewed 27 June 2011

For the price it was very good clean place to stay. Staff very helpful and friendly!!!!!!! We will stay again next trip. Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
New Bloomfield, Missouri
Reviewed 7 June 2011

This was are first trip to Branson together and we didn't have a whole lot of money to spend on a fancy hotel so we saw the price of The Victorian and decided to give it a shot. I have stayed at Holiday Inns that werent this nice, and the service was outstanding, I will definately be back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Doniphan, Missouri
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This is a nice place and getting better every time I stay. They have upgraded alot of the rooms and the breakfast. The staff is wonderful and even helped us get a family picture in the lobby! They also are very good at helping pick witch shows to see. The rooms are clean and the housekeeper was very nice.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 August 2009

This is a family owned hotel. The service was excellent and courteous. A girl (about 9yrs or so) was in the lobby and every day when I went out she gave me a newpaper. The coffee was free, good. There also was coffee at any hour of the night.

The room was clean and the bed changed daily. When I asked questions about a place to eat, a show, etc. they always answered me.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo