“Stopped in for a cocktail or two”
Review of Black Oak Grill

Black Oak Grill
Ranked #41 of 389 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Enjoyed the atmosphere and several cocktails and appetizers with friends. Friendly and helpful bartender.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Stopped for a quick bite before show. Nice place on the water. Restaurant was busy and we sat at the bar. Barmaid Alena said they had not expected the crowd and were understaffed. We told her we were a little pressed for time and she said she would take our order and get it to us right away. We ordered a prime rib sandwich and an order of onion rings to split. Food came out on time and was delicious. Alena took very good care of us. I highly recommend the Black Oak.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Awesome food, atmosphere, and wait staff. Jacob was a wonderful server who took great care of us! Must visit when in Branson!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was highly recommened by a local store clerk in old downtown. Located in the Landing, the opposite end from Bass Pro Shops. Close to parking. We arrived just after 4:00pm on a Monday and were immediately greeted and seated. It was cold outside and the hostess offered to seat us next to the fireplace which was nice. There was only one other family in the place. Service was fast as we were brought a warm small loaf of bread. I ordered the meat loaf which was delicious with a slight kick. It came with mashed potatoes and a medley of vegetables, both of which were very flavorful and uniquely spiced. Nice presentation, also. My wife had the pot roast which was also flavorful but a little on the dry side, same sides. We paid the dinner prices but I think the chef gave us the lunch menu portions however, which was adequate for my petite wife. All in all, it was a good experience, and nice atmosphere. Reasonably priced. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Upon entering, there was one person in front of my husband, daughter, and myself. The hostess proceeded to ask us how many for our table, ignoring him. We commented that he had been there for a while and way before us. It took us 5 minutes to be seated. That isnt long but when you consider its because no one came to greet us, it was. So now we ask for a booth, she took us to a table outside in the wind and noise... we again stated we would like a booth. She rolled her eyes and took us to one. We then waited 15 min to have our drink order taken and wanted to leave but were still willing to give them a chance. It took another 12 min to get our drinks (2 waters and a tea). So here we are, 29 min into our stay and finally our order is taken but we watch as she takes the order of the table next to us first. She then goes and gets their drinks immediately and brings them 2 loaves of bread for their table. We asked if we could get some so she brought us 1 loaf, which was hard as a rock. By this point I got the mgr and told her all about what had happened and we wished to cancel our order (this was 10 min after we placed it) and her only words were, "oh, well I dont think its in anyway but I will cancel it". There were no apologies and NO, they werent busy. They had more than half of their tables empty. I have no rating on any food except the hard bread because after more than 30+ minutes, thats all we had.

2  Thank Julie T

Been to Black Oak Grill? Share your experiences!