“Indoor Waterpark for the Winter” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #122 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Indoor Waterpark for the Winter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Decided to get out of town at the last minute for New Year's Eve. Wanted somewhere where the kids could swim, so we needed something with an indoor pool. Found this indoor water park at Castle Rock Resort in Branson and thought that would fit our family perfectly. I was referred to this location thru Branson Tourism which was able to find an opening at the last minute.

To check in you must use the office in the Castle Rock Resort main building.

The indoor water park is inside the Castle Rock Resort, but apparently they also own the two older hotel buildings to the north which is called, Atrium. This is actually where we got booked. Building 1 sits 100 feet away with a parking lot access road between and building 2 is another 300 feet north separated by a large parking lot. It wasn't too inconvenient since the weather turned out to be pretty nice for the end of December to run between the buildings, but if the weather was worse it would have been a pain. The Atrium Hotel is a much older facility. All rooms have outside doors. The beds where old and very bouncy. The lighting was dim and dated. The rooms smelled clean and were overall clean in appearance. The shower head is very low for any adult, but did have good water pressure and plenty of hot water. It had a soap dispenser in the shower that was empty. The rooms in the Atrium are definitely budget feeling, I would recommended staying in the main building if possible, I didn't view any of those rooms, but they are definitely newer so that should be a plus. I would stay again in the Atrium if I had to, but I would try everything possible to avoid it.

The water park turned out to be a huge hit for my 2 girls ages 12 and 10. They have a couple large kiddy pool areas, 1 wading pool, 2 large twist and turn slides, and a lazy river that actually moves pretty quick. The kids loved the water park and my wife and I enjoyed it as well. The water park is very clean and the lifeguard staff was very professional in nature and constantly on their feet scanning the different areas they were assigned. I was very impressed with the whole water park facility. I would use the water park facility again!

Room Tip: Try to get rooms in the main building, not in the Atrium.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
N Ridgeville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

We are on a holiday vacation with our grandchildren in Branson. I wanted to write a review about Castle Rock resort. We stayed yesterday on Christmas eve and the kids really enjoyed themselves. The resort is small enough yet just the right size for a day of water fun. The kids are 13,9 and 6 and it was just what the doctor ordered after 2 days of travel. We found the room to be clean and the waterpark maintained well. Lifeguards were very actively involved and were very conscious of the kids, which I really appreciated. All in all , a nice stay...staff were very friendly and always willing to help you.

Room Tip: Choose the tower rooms, direct connection to everything
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

This hotel is great if you are looking for a short fun get away year round. The indoor water park will keep the kids busy for hours as well as the adults. Great to see a pool with a full life guarding staff to help ease your mind.

The lazy river in this place is great and it has a padded floor and smooth sides. It moves pretty fast as well. I spent hours just sitting on a tube floating around.

The rooms were clean and spacious. Be sure to get a room in the main building as those have bunkbeds for the kids with their own tv. The restaurant on property is just ok. If you have the time, head out to breakfast. The buffet is very inexpensive, but lacking in quality.

Location is good too. Right on the Yellow Route (Green Mountain) which makes it easier to get around when the roads are busy. Study a map of the back roads before heading down to Branson. The strip, Highway 76, gets jammed.

My kids want to go back soon.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money on a room in the main building.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Tenholder113
Raymore MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We rented 2 rooms this past weekend, since we took our kids and granddaughters to Branson for the weekend. The granddaughters loved the water park! The restaurant was ok, the staff was real nice. The rooms were horrible! The bathroom hadn't been cleaned from the last customers: used soap & shampoo in the shower and hair in the bed. The sheets had holes in them from wear. The topper though was the bugs that were in the picture frames! Dead bugs!!! I am not talking just 1 bug, in our room our 2 picture frames had 5 dead bugs in 1 and 3 in the other. In our son and daughter in laws room they had 6 bugs in 1 of their picture frames. I have pictures, but unsure on how to upload them on the website.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Williar11
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

OK, it's no Great Wolf Lodge, let's start with that. Kind of like if you take your kids to Disney then expect them to love the local amusement park. Not gonna happen. That said, my 1 and 3 year olds LOVED it! My 8 and 10 year olds liked it, my 12 year old (who still loves Great Wolf) really didn't enjoy it at all.
Pros-an awesome Lazy River, better than any we'd ever seen, really helpful with the early check-ins, clean enough, decent sale rates, also, for larger families, it's actually a pretty good deal-we have 5 kids, with 2 doubles and 2 bunks, we were OK and didn't have to splurge for an extra room
Cons-no hot tub---WHAT!!! it's a water park where parents are obviously going to be in the water-how can there be no hot tub???, no wave pool, no large water-playground, cool water, and just-OK slides. Really not enough to justify the expense with older kids. Again, no hot tub...I'm having trouble getting past that. No workout room, beds are doubles, not queens, and finally, not enough luggage carts.
Would I stay there again...on a good deal, sure. That said, I don't think I'd figure my older kids for more than 2 hours or so at the waterpark.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family