Decided to get out of town at the last minute for New Year's Eve. Wanted somewhere where the kids could swim, so we needed something with an indoor pool. Found this indoor water park at Castle Rock Resort in Branson and thought that would fit our family perfectly. I was referred to this location thru Branson Tourism which was able to find an opening at the last minute.
To check in you must use the office in the Castle Rock Resort main building.
The indoor water park is inside the Castle Rock Resort, but apparently they also own the two older hotel buildings to the north which is called, Atrium. This is actually where we got booked. Building 1 sits 100 feet away with a parking lot access road between and building 2 is another 300 feet north separated by a large parking lot. It wasn't too inconvenient since the weather turned out to be pretty nice for the end of December to run between the buildings, but if the weather was worse it would have been a pain. The Atrium Hotel is a much older facility. All rooms have outside doors. The beds where old and very bouncy. The lighting was dim and dated. The rooms smelled clean and were overall clean in appearance. The shower head is very low for any adult, but did have good water pressure and plenty of hot water. It had a soap dispenser in the shower that was empty. The rooms in the Atrium are definitely budget feeling, I would recommended staying in the main building if possible, I didn't view any of those rooms, but they are definitely newer so that should be a plus. I would stay again in the Atrium if I had to, but I would try everything possible to avoid it.
The water park turned out to be a huge hit for my 2 girls ages 12 and 10. They have a couple large kiddy pool areas, 1 wading pool, 2 large twist and turn slides, and a lazy river that actually moves pretty quick. The kids loved the water park and my wife and I enjoyed it as well. The water park is very clean and the lifeguard staff was very professional in nature and constantly on their feet scanning the different areas they were assigned. I was very impressed with the whole water park facility. I would use the water park facility again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark provides guests with an unforgettable all-in-one resort destination with friendly service and activities. We offer 30,000 sq ft. Of indoor waterpark and 10,000 sq ft. Of outdoor Waterpark including two large slides, two 500 gallon tipping buckets, a lazy river, and multiple indoor/outdoor activity pools. Our Tower Rooms are attached to our indoor waterpark through indoor corridors and offer a bunk bed alcove with separate TV for the kids. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark Hotel Branson
- Castle Rock Resort And Waterpark
- Castle Rock Branson