“Nice”

Ranked #188 of 411 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are the small house with big flavor. Serving Authentic Mexican Food for over 16 years in Branson. All our food is fresh made to order.Consistency in our food has awarded us Best Mexican Food Restaurant in Branson.
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We’ve driven by several times and decided to finally stop in. Quaint little restaurant more like eating in someone’s home than a restaurant. Service was attentive. Pricing for most dinners was between $10.95 and $13.95.
Chips were fresh made, warm and still had some of the oil they were fried in on them. The salsa that is served is mild but has a little bite to it. We both enjoyed the salsa. The chip basket was refilled when it got close to empty. The chips were not salted as heavily as most restaurants, which was fine with us.

My wife ordered the Fuentes burrito with shredded beef. I wanted a good cross section to try so I ordered the combo plate with a ground beef taco, cheese enchilada and chili rellenos. The first thing I noticed is they REALLY seem to like mole sauce. Personally I’m not a huge fan of mole sauce as I find it slightly bitter. My wife, however found it to be very good. On the chili rellenos it over powered the taste of the chili pepper. They use seasoned beef in the taco, which I enjoyed. The cheese enchilada had red enchilada sauce but, the mole sauce on the chili rellenos covered it and overpowered the flavor. The Fuentes burrito was large and the shredded beef was very tender and flavorful. They did not drown the burrito in mole sauce but had what I consider an appropriate amount. Still, I’m not a fan of mole sauce.

Total bill including 2 soft drinks and tax was $32.85 before tip. Overall a good experience and a restaurant we’d eat at again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I wasn't a fan of this restaurant. The service was poor and I thought it was overpriced. It is on a part of town that is too busy which is nice and is among several hotels. I don't plan to eat here again.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

This place USE to be great. I have been away from Branson for 7 years, and just moved back with my wife. Casa Fuentes has changed for the worst! Waitress could care less about us. The food took over 30 min. to get to the table, and it was gross! Wife had a tamally and a chilli reno, and I had a tamale dinner. The chillreano was flat like a pancake with some kind of cheese and brown sauce lying in a pool of oil. Our tamales were skinny store bought with almost no meat. Flavor of all this garbage was absolutely disgusting! Our bill was $25 and change. I had water to drink, and wife had soda. This event happened on Saturday night at about 7:30 p.m. cst.

1  Thank Brett W
Furman71, Manager at Casa Fuentes Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

I am sorry about your experience. please send me an email I can contact you and make things right. My customers are my priority. Mgr@casafuentes.com

Reviewed 20 August 2018

great chicken fajitas. restaurant near my hotel and got there late and they still had great service with fresh and tasty food.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I was leary of this place, no cars in parking lot when we arrived at 5:30-6:00PM. I ordered Steak Fajita Nachos. My husband ordered enchiladas and thought they were okay. My nachos were not eatable. The steak fajita meat had no seasoning and was rubbery and tough, the beans or cheese on them smelled disgusting. I tried two or three bites, but so bad I could not eat. I wasted about $12.00 on my meal I did not eat. DO NOT GO HERE!!

2  Thank jlmpam78