“Convenient, clean hotel”

Super 8 Bonne Terre
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bonne Terre
Reviewed 22 April 2016

Great hotel conveniently located right on Hwy 67 at Bonne Terre exit one hour from St. Louis airport. Visited family who said, "No, no to other hotel in town." They were right. Super 8 staff upgraded our room and reduced reservation price. Not all rooms equipped alike. Ours was large with mini fridge, small flat screen TV, safe, large lounge chair. Other rooms were smaller with a small table, two chairs, and no fridge. Only microwave was downstairs. Efficient, complimentary WiFi and breakfast (cereal, packaged cinnamon rolls, yogurt, fruit cups, instant oatmeal, toast, waffles, apple and orange juice, coffee, hot chocolate). Community computer in lobby lounge by indoor pool, but no printer connection; therefore not business friendly.
Except for the "Mine Tour" which is a must and unbelievable thrift store prices there is nothing to do in town. Ste. Genevieve about 40 minutes away is touted to be the oldest town west of the Mississippi and worth a visit. Super 8 is located across the street from gas station, subway, restaurant etc. with DQ & Hardees close by, but we found food at BNG on main street the best. Our thanks to an efficient staff who always were friendly and helpful. Although the hotel is average as hotels go I rated it higher as it very good for it's category type.

Room Tip: We had pond side with window that opened.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
BTSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Bonne Terre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you were happy with your experience and look forward to seeing you in the future. Have a Super day!!

Reviewed 15 April 2016

First off - check your bill before you leave. I overheard someone asking about a "safe charge" while eating breakfast. Sure enough, when I asked for my bill, there was an extra charge for using the in-room safe, which I had not used. It appears that they add that to everyone automatically. This is pretty close to fraud, and is the cause for the lowest rating.

They did remove the safe charge when asked. However, the final amount was still above the original quoted amount. When I asked about it they claimed that the website (the company's own website) must be wrong, and that they would talk to "them." They did not offer to correct the charge, and refused when asked. I suspect that they only reversed the amount of the safe charge and not the tax on it.

As for the rest, it is an older property that shows some attempts to keep up, but not quite well enough. A general carpet shampooing would do wonders here.

Our room smelled of cat pee, especially when the air unit was on. But as I went out to ask for a new room, it was clear that the cat pee odor was throughout the hallways, albeit slightly disguised with Fabreeze. I figured the whole place must smell the same, so didn't bother asking for a move.

The breakfast was standard low-range continental, with dry cereal, juice, bread, etc. Nothing special. The breakfast nook had only four small tables, each with two chairs.

They must make special smaller-sized queen beds for hotels, because these were the smallest queens I have ever seen. They were larger than doubles, but maybe a foot shorter across than the other queens we have slept in.

There was only one unused power plug in the room, and it was controlled by the light switch at the door. We have been bringing a six-plug power strip with us on trips, so this did not hurt us, but be warned if you want to charge multiple devices.

The Kleenex box was empty, but they cheerfully gave us a new one when we asked.

If it wasn't for the slimy safe charge and other over-billing I would have given this a high three or a low four. You cannot expect a great place in the middle of nowhere at this price range. Without the cat pee smell (and the overcharge), it would have been a solid four.

Stayed: April 2016

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We would like to apologize that you were not thrilled about your experience and hope this does not discourage future visits: we'd love to have you visit again. Have a Super day!!

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here for two nights. We don't usually stay at Super 8s but since we were part of a group, this was it. Our room was comfortable & quiet. I was worried it wouldn't be quiet because we were near the soda machine but all was well. I am quite particular about cleanliness in hotels & I'm happy to report that I was pleasantly surprised. The bed was comfortable and I thought the pillows were fantastic. No complaints about the towels and the small shampoo sample was Matrix. The carpet was a dark green so I couldn't tell if it was stained although it made a weird squishy noise while walking. Our room had a mini fridge & small flat screen TV. There is no elevator in this hotel. We didn't use the pool so I cannot rate that. Good location, not far from the highway, Huddle House next door, and a good Mexican restaurant within walking distance.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
BTSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Bonne Terre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. We always love to hear that guests had a great experience during their time with us. We would also like to thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Have a Super day!!

Reviewed 11 April 2016

The accessible bathroom was fantastic, and made my stay. The rest of the room was basic, but was perfectly acceptable. The only negative of my stay was that as I left the room around midday each day, my room wasn't made in the three nights I was there. The front desk staff were always pleasant when I was on my way in or out, and gave me the extra coffee and towels I asked for when needed.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. First and foremost, I would like to apologize for your room not being attended to on a daily basis; I will be looking into this. We would like to thank you for your kind words and look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Have a Super day!!

Reviewed 24 March 2016

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
BTSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Bonne Terre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonne Terre
21 km away
Super 8 Potosi
Super 8 Potosi
#2 of 2 in Potosi

Been to Super 8 Bonne Terre? Share your experiences!