“Very classy, delightful food”
Review of Maison Mathis

Maison Mathis
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Saar
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A friend and I popped here for lunch and we were delighted. Friendly and efficient staff, quirky yet classy decor and perfectly cooked food. The menu is wide with something to suit all. The freshly cooked hot bread was divine. In classical Belgian/French style the food looked as good as it tasted. I had grilled salmon & avocado salad, my friend had halloumi gourmet sandwich and we shared a starter. We washed this down with Earl Grey (served in lovely porcelain ware) and lemon/lime juice respectively. The pictures say it all!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I was looking forward to try Maison Mathis, it was a real let down.
The food was average to not really nice, all seasoning throughout the meal was poor.
The meatball starter was so blend, with the sauce quite oily, no flavor at all. I found a stone in the garlic bread, I told the waitress, her only action was agreeing with me that the chef might need to clean his oven!!! It was left on the bill at the end, I did not say anything, as it was obvious to me something should have been done without me crying for it!!
The calamari prawn zucchini fritti was blend, the calamari fairly chewy and also the portion looked big only 2 small prawns were there.
The pizza was a disaster, very oily, blend, the cheese was way overcooked, releasing all the fat on the pizza, the tomato sauce was almost inexistante.
The lamb cutlet wasn't nice, the meat did not feel really fresh, the roast vegetables were quite hard and tasteless, no seasoning at all.The Osso bucco was mainly fat and bone with way too much sauce although it was the only half decently seasoned dish.
The seafood linguini looked amazing when it came, the presentation was great, but unfortunately the only flavor coming out was a strong fishiness....as they say here...Zafer!!.
The pudding weren't great neither, the waffle was soggy and undercooked, and the extra 1.5BD for garnishes was so greedy, it could have been a little better with more Nutella. The ice cream was not nice, the pistachio was average but the praline was bad.
And to finish disappointed, a double espresso served in cappuccino cup with no crema at all!!
I will not be back there.

1  Thank bernooz
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

A great restaurant amid a sea of take out and fast food places in the mall. Good service, quality food - great burgers. Lovely decor and nice and airy.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

It's the first thing you see when you look at Mercado Mall.
The decor is actually pleasant and has an open air feeling about it, must be all the glass windows.

Anyhow I ordered the steak , while my wife had the pasta.

The steak was served in a cast iron plate, which I thought was very cool 10 points for presentation. However the meat had quickly lost it's heat. That was bit of a let down to be honest, I thought the steak was seasoned well and the baby potatoes, while not roasted did work with the meal.
The pasta was good and they have some good desserts. I can't recall what I had, but it was nice because I wasn't complaining about it in the end.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I have to admit, I eat out a lot, but when I pass by this place or even order out from, the food is just great. No matter what I order from the menu, and I have tried many dishes, I have never been disappointed. Truly worth every dinar spent. I highly recommend this place. Unfortunately, they keep changing delivery locations, and Talabat is not where I expect to see their restaurant name on because that is where all the confusion has been. Hope they move to Carriage and quick.