“Family wedding”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Summerhill lodge

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

942dianne...
Greenisland, United Kingdom
“Mrs”
Reviewed 19 July 2019 for a stay in July 2019

Absolutely appalled by the dirt of the inside of this house ! Cobwebs absolutely everywhere, seemed to me like it had been lying empty all year & hadn't been dusted for us arriving. Oven & microwave were disgusting, to the point that we couldn't even use them, which resulted in us having to spend a lot of money eating out. In the bedrooms, if u looked down between the bed & the wall, the dirt was sitting thick on the floor. The 1st night we put the washing machine on & it stopped working half way through a cycle, phoned Anne the next day to be told if she couldn't get someone to fix it we would just have to handwash! There were 13 of us, including 2 disabled people, 2 children & 1 senior citizen, I was shocked at this, with a further phone call from another member of our group, a new washing machine was installed the next day. On the 4th day of our stay we were using a hair dryer in the hall & it tripped the switches, as a result we had no lights or sockets in the hall & no internet as the router was in the hall, Anne told us we could just do without these things as she couldn't get it fixed before we left 3 days later, again I was shocked at this response. There was a spotlight in the kitchen that was hanging off the ceiling, surely this is dangerous? Beds were not even made for us arriving, quilt covers, sheets & pillow cases were left on each bed for us to make ourselves, I have never had to do this in any other accommodation I've stayed in ! I will attach photos & you can judge for yourself.

Date of stay: July 2019
20 Jul 2019
The house was cleaned to the same standard as other previous guests have reviewed and commented on. No reported issues of cleanliness issues during their stay. Equipment which was working prior to the arrival of these guests , failed to work due to misuse. On departure guests left toilets blocked, carpet and flooring stained. The non adherence to recycling policy, glass tins and general waste mixed, resulted in a minor retention of deposit as detailed in the terms and conditions for let.
I certainly would not recommend these guests.
Lizzytra
“Complaints”
Reviewed 19 July 2019 for a stay in July 2019
person found this review helpful

Well I was 1 of the disabled persons that stayed at Summerhill lodge Enniskillen just last week.When we arrived on Sat the 6thJuly it looked lovely from the outside until we went inside and it was absolutely filthy everywhere between dog or cat hairs all over the table chairs full of eggs even or microwave has been cleaned in years back of beds.Beds hadn't been made.The filth of the place was a disgrace and u have a cheek to hold our deposit I would never recommend this lodge to anyone

Date of stay: July 2019
20 Jul 2019
This is same group that has made similar comments and has been replied to . The house had been cleaned to the same standard that previous guests had no issue with. Despite numerous direct correspondence no issues of cleanliness was raised during their stay. On departing toilets were blocked, carpets and flooring stained. The recycling policy was not adhered to with broken glass, tins and general waste mixed. This resulted in a minimum retention of deposit as detailed in the terms and conditions of the let. I certainly would not recommend these guests to anyone.
Vacatione...
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 18 July 2019 for a stay in June 2019

I sent this email to the owner last week with still no response.

We have a few complaints regarding Summer Hill Lodge after our weeks stay.

As you are aware we paid over £1200 to spend the week there.

The place was not clean at all, the full inside of the house was covered in cobwebs and spiders on the inside, the chairs at the tables inside the house were caked in food and eggs from whoever was there before us, as you can see by the photos attached the dirt by the beds is totally unacceptable, to be honest with you I've never seen anything like it in all the years I've been taking my family away, the oven was disgusting with old dirty food stuck like it has never been ckeaned & lights hanging off the ceiling is 1 disaster waiting to happen, the main dining room table with covered in cat or dog hair as we sat down for our first meal.

Then we had issue with the washing machine, at first we were told to go and buy a fuse, then it was phone calls back n forth to finally get it sorted at which point I explained to you that I had 2 disabled people, 1 pensioner over 70 & children in the house with me. On Tuesday night the fuse box went leaving us with no main lights in the hall or living room & no internet or power of any kind in the hall and you were called on Wednesday morning to advise and we were told a few days without it would be ok, again knowing I had elderly 2 disabled people, 1 lady over 70 and children with me, I have found this to be 100% unacceptable.

As I'm sure you can understand I take my family away every year so that my mother and her sisters can spend time together as they are getting on and these sorts of places are usually perfect, unfortunately Summer Hill was not what I expected to at all, the grounds are outstanding & the pool was amazing but unfortunately the rest of it has ruined the week for us.

Date of stay: June 2019
Amanda P
“Family wedding”
Reviewed 31 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

Lovely spacious house in beautiful grounds with the added advantage of an outdoor pool. Secluded & peaceful ideal for getting away, but close enough to visit local attractions. Lovely log fire and well equipped games room. Be sure you know your location as two taxi drivers struggled to find us and had to resort to telephone directions from us and being met at the end of the drive!

Date of stay: August 2018
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
3 Sep 2018
Pleased you enjoyed your stay .
Anne
WillieM44...
“Mr ”
Reviewed 30 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Well were do we start lost for words its an excellent summerhouse everythung there for everybodys enjoyment swimming pool for all ages wet suits inflatables slide an dive board then of course u have the grounds itself for relaxing on the grass ir playing about an also goal nets for anybody playing an also bbq hut for bit of bbq .. Then we have the house another excellent place we actually kept getting lost its that big an spacious but perfect bedrooms an ensuite an shower rooms an toilets at both ends of the house then u have the conservatory just to sit an watch tb or relax wif feet up which i mostly did an just gaze away outside anyway me an my whole family loved it all an espiacially the kids great place great location an had great time thank you

Date of stay: July 2018
1 Aug 2018
Thank you, I am pleased when families enjoy their time at Summerhilllodge.
Best wishes
Anne
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.