“Family wedding”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Summerhill lodge

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Vacatione...
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 18 July 2019 for a stay in June 2019

I sent this email to the owner last week with still no response.

We have a few complaints regarding Summer Hill Lodge after our weeks stay.

As you are aware we paid over £1200 to spend the week there.

The place was not clean at all, the full inside of the house was covered in cobwebs and spiders on the inside, the chairs at the tables inside the house were caked in food and eggs from whoever was there before us, as you can see by the photos attached the dirt by the beds is totally unacceptable, to be honest with you I've never seen anything like it in all the years I've been taking my family away, the oven was disgusting with old dirty food stuck like it has never been ckeaned & lights hanging off the ceiling is 1 disaster waiting to happen, the main dining room table with covered in cat or dog hair as we sat down for our first meal.

Then we had issue with the washing machine, at first we were told to go and buy a fuse, then it was phone calls back n forth to finally get it sorted at which point I explained to you that I had 2 disabled people, 1 pensioner over 70 & children in the house with me. On Tuesday night the fuse box went leaving us with no main lights in the hall or living room & no internet or power of any kind in the hall and you were called on Wednesday morning to advise and we were told a few days without it would be ok, again knowing I had elderly 2 disabled people, 1 lady over 70 and children with me, I have found this to be 100% unacceptable.

As I'm sure you can understand I take my family away every year so that my mother and her sisters can spend time together as they are getting on and these sorts of places are usually perfect, unfortunately Summer Hill was not what I expected to at all, the grounds are outstanding & the pool was amazing but unfortunately the rest of it has ruined the week for us.

Date of stay: June 2019
Amanda P
“Family wedding”
Reviewed 31 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

Lovely spacious house in beautiful grounds with the added advantage of an outdoor pool. Secluded & peaceful ideal for getting away, but close enough to visit local attractions. Lovely log fire and well equipped games room. Be sure you know your location as two taxi drivers struggled to find us and had to resort to telephone directions from us and being met at the end of the drive!

Date of stay: August 2018
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
3 Sep 2018
Pleased you enjoyed your stay .
WillieM44...
“Mr ”
Reviewed 30 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Well were do we start lost for words its an excellent summerhouse everythung there for everybodys enjoyment swimming pool for all ages wet suits inflatables slide an dive board then of course u have the grounds itself for relaxing on the grass ir playing about an also goal nets for anybody playing an also bbq hut for bit of bbq .. Then we have the house another excellent place we actually kept getting lost its that big an spacious but perfect bedrooms an ensuite an shower rooms an toilets at both ends of the house then u have the conservatory just to sit an watch tb or relax wif feet up which i mostly did an just gaze away outside anyway me an my whole family loved it all an espiacially the kids great place great location an had great time thank you

Date of stay: July 2018
1 Aug 2018
Thank you, I am pleased when families enjoy their time at Summerhilllodge.
Best wishes
Staffy500...
Belfast
“Great location for exploring Lakelands”
Reviewed 7 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

A well-sized house nestling among a fantastic mature garden with plenty of space for outdoor fun. The property has an outdoor pool (not heated) so weather dependent and suitable swimming attire recommended. A great place to relax or use as a base to explore the surrounding area. Enniskillen and Irvinestown 10 min drive. There is a BBQ hut on site which was great fun and means that you can cook outdoors regardless of the weather. In summary a lovely quiet location with fantastic grounds, however, the interior dated and tired looking. There is a nice bathroom and the main bedroom is en suite but given that it sleeps 12 it could do with another shower facility. So it's thumbs up for location, size and the grounds but unfortunately, let's itself down on the inside. BTW The Encore Steakhouse in Ballinamallard is a must for all carnivores!

Date of stay: July 2017
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
9 Aug 2017
Thanks for your comments.
Tarzansm8
“Second Visit”
Reviewed 12 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Our second visit to this wonderful home and a chance to make more fabulous family memories. Beautiful grounds and great pool makes this the ideal family setting!

Date of stay: July 2017
14 Jul 2017
Pleased Summerhill Lodge again was a great placed for your family holiday. Best wishes, Anne
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.