US$54
Priceline
Premier Inn Durham (Newton Aycliffe) Hotel(Newton Aycliffe)(Great Value!)
US$78
PremierInn.com
US$38
US$134
US$116
  • Pool
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel(Walworth)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$80
US$83
US$84
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$89
US$86
Travelodge Darlington Hotel(Darlington)(Great Value!)
US$47
Travelodge
All reviewsstables bargolf courseleisure clubbeauty roomleisure facilitiessteam roomevening mealfour postergranary suiteround of golffull englishmain buildinggreat nighta lovely staylady on receptionfood was lovelyspa break
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch at the Hotel which has an eating area called Oswald's to the rear. This is extended by a large conservatory which gives expansive views over the manicured golf course. Considering the place is only about 100 yards from the busy A167 and 500 yards from the A1 interchange there was no traffic noise, even with the conservatory door stood wide open.
The lunch menu was small with about 8 starters and 12 mains, but each choice was a delicious sounding option with 2 courses coming in around £15 no matter what was chosen.
Service was prompt and friendly and I've included photographs of a steak burger & parmo we chose, to evidence both the size and presentation of the mains. They were both huge and very tasty indeed.
Overall a very pleasant experience with one minor criticism being the reception area which appeared a little 'tired' and down at heal in places.
But for a bar meal type stop off it was worth every penny and we will definitely be returning

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
GMNOEE, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for this nice review.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights room only so I can only comment on this basis

True the rooms could do with updating but the bed and mattress were lovely.. had two really good night's sleep

Tried the bar and Hannah was such a sweetheart serving the drinks (note to manager... staff deserve a pay rise) .. would I go back ? .... Possibly not but I have no real complaints

Hope this helps

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kev F

Thank you for taking the time to share your views.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Was at Hall Garth for a business meal. First impression was very cosy and welcoming, we waited in a nice lounge just off from the restaurant. Staff were attentive. The menu was a good selection and the food was very enjoyable, portion size were also good.Can't comment on the final bill as I didn't pay but when I ordered the prices on the menu seamed very reasonable. If ever back in the area would definitely be returning.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for this nice review. We look forward to being of future service.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Hall Garth Hotel this past weekend. We were assigned room 11 in the Stables Block. The room was good sized but a little dated and the bed was too firm for our tastes. The shower over bath had spots of rust or mold which made it uninviting. The windows had many layers of paint and were hard to open and close. When I got the bathroom window closed, I could not reopen it.

There were several functions going on including quite a large wedding on Saturday so it was a bit noisy because the Stables Pub is just below this block of rooms. There is no lift so don't have any heavy bags. This was the first night of a ten day road trip so we had two bags each. We eventually found someone to help carry our bags to our room though we had to bring them back down when we left.

Room Tip: The Stable block is noisy
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your observations regarding your recent visit.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This is our 4th visit and it just gets worse and worse every time. I keep telling myself it will be better but it's not . I'm a customer service manager and would love to go in here and go through with the manager everything that's wrong because 70% of the problems is staffing and poor management. I agree with all the other comments posted in here front if house staff needs to be impeccable not confrontational. Stock your bar the lack of drinks is shocking for a hotel. Get a window cleaner, especially in the new conservatory. I feel like someone high up is trying but doesn't have the right staff to follow it through. Read everyone comments most if them relate to attention to details and can be rectified quickly and relatively cheaply.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you Smiler76 for sharing your recent visit to the hotel which fell short and for this please accept my apologies.