All reviews front desk ihg properties nice hotel memphis airport memphis area great stop hotel room newer property great staff flight path would definitely stay here again one night stay next morning night's sleep family reunion light sleeper shopping and restaurants
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

How can I start, my family and I booked 2 rooms here this past weekend for a football tournament our kids played. The one of our rooms were occupied by a family who had gotten there the day before we did so how did that happen, we walked in on another family because of the room being double booked, later that night my cousin went outside to his car to grab something and was not allowed back in the hotel and had the police called on him because the front desk agent said he looked suspicious, instead of asking him and verifying his room in the beginning they have him harassed by the police. We wake up that next morning and my wife takes the kids down stairs to eat breakfast because it is listed on their website that kids 12 and under eat free. Well the front desk agent tells my wife that it is not free and they she would have to purchase breakfast in order for the kids to eat free, so my wife showed her on the site where it said that kids 12 and under eat free, it did not say kids eat free with the purchase of an adult meal, it says kids 12 and under eat free, she then starts being rude to my wife who happens to work for Candlewood Suites who happen to be in the same network and knows how things work, so my wife ask for the general managers information and the agent told her that there is no manager and continues to be rude. So she calls the police to have us escorted off the property, this is the worst hotel stay we have ever experienced and do not recommend anyone to stay here. We plan to seek action because embarrassment and inconvenience we had to deal with in a 24hr time span. They profile you and do not honor what is listed on the website

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank martel s
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Hello martel s,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apology for the unexpected experience you had with the level of service and response you received from our staff. It is with deep regret that we did not live up to your expectations. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details.

Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I recently stayed at this hotel. The afternoon welcome reception is great. Atmosphere and staff are awesome. Nice large rooms and comfortable beds. I did not try the breakfast since I had to be on the job early. I used the business center on the 5th and it worked well for me. The only drawback is that the hotel is in the Fed Ex departure flight path. I had a 5th floor room and a light sleeper from midnight till 5am you hear the Fed Ex planes taking off. Does not matter which side (parking lot or other) on the hotel you are on. Perhaps the lower floors are not affected as much by noise. But I have to say the area Southaven in located in the departure flight path so the other local hotels may be affected as well. All in All I was pleased with my short stay and would likely return

Stayed: October 2017
Bambie E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

The IHG Rewards Reception is specifically designed to honor our guest and help them relax after a long day. We are happy that you were able to participate. Thank you for your compliment on the staff, atmosphere and beds. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and pleased that you would choose our location again.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

This property looked to be very new. When we arrived we were greeted by a very nice front desk staff who were very pleasant and helpful. Our room was spacious and clean and very nicely appointed. Bathroom featured a stand-up shower and no tub (that's great for me but an issue for some people).

The bed was VERY comfortable and after having been on the road in various hotels for the better part of a week, it was the best night's sleep I had gotten in days.

One problem that we noted was that the walls were pretty thin. We could hear our neighbors talking pretty plainly through the walls. In fact, I can tell you that our neighbor set his cell phone -- on vibrate -- for a 6 AM alarm because we could hear it resonate through the wall on his nightstand. This was my biggest complaint of the stay.

The hotel is easily accessible and there are quite a few dining options nearby. Breakfast was pretty standard fare.

All in all, it was a very nice stay and I would highly recommend to anyone and will return when I am in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

We are so glad that you had a great nights sleep after being on the road for most of the week. Thank you for commenting on your "very nice stay" and being understanding about the noise issue. We appreciate your recommendation of our hotel here at the Holiday Inn Southaven and look forward to accommodating you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The room are always clean and well looked after. A personalized note from housekeeping will uplift you and get you motivated. I love the Mon - Thur 5:30 - 6:30 happy hour. I order dinner from the menu and have yet to find anything less than amazing! Pork chops, shrimp fettuccine or the prime rib. mmmm hhhhmmmm! The cooks know how make a meal! Bambie is so sweet and the entire staff is so welcoming. The team goes out of their way to make my stay feel like I'm right at home.

Room Tip: I stay on the 5th floor if possible. You can't avoid the jet noise from the airport at ANY of the hotels in the area.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Brad H
Bambie E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Wow! We sincerely appreciate your gracious review. We are extremely proud of our Kitchen Manager and her ideas on dinner specials. It is heart warming to know that you enjoy it. Thank you for mentioning the housekeeping staff as well. They work very hard to make sure everything is up to par. Thank you for allowing us to accommodate you. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Our experience at this Holiday Inn was great. The employees were friendly and knowledgeable and very courteous. Mr. Ankil ( hope that correct) was very nice and extremely helpful. We will definitely stay here again when we are up this way.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Bambie E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

We truly value your compliment about the staff and are thankful that you took the time out to let us know! Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Southaven. We look forward to accommodating your needs again in the future!