All reviews front desk ihg properties nice hotel memphis airport memphis area great stop hotel room newer property great staff flight path would definitely stay here again one night stay next morning night's sleep family reunion light sleeper shopping and restaurants
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Beautiful hotel.
Family vacation.
Baseball tournament teams staying at same hotel.
Great staff.
Rewards night issue not resolved.

One of the most up to date ihg properties I have stayed at.
Staff was phenomenal. Probably one of the most friendliest staffs in all of my stays.
Coaches, not sure why young players are coming in at 11pm but make sure you coach them all of the way to the rooms. Do not appreciate loud kids at 11pm.
Have an issue with hotel not recognizing reward night code. We traded emails and confirmations, yet I have still not heard resolution, four days later. Not impressed.

Stayed: May 2015
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2015

Thank you for the compliments on our facility and team members. I will be sure to post for all to enjoy. So sorry about the teams disturbing your sleep. We provide written courtesy policies to the coaches prior to arrival. We provide every team parent with the same information on arrival. We post reminders in the elevators reminding everyone to be quiet in the hallways when returning as other are sleeping. We do our very best to ensure a restful nights sleep for all during these busy times. Yet, kids will be kids. They have just won a game and it is hard for them to control their excitement.

Reviewed 25 May 2015

Everything from catering to room service was excellent. Our event was over two nights. Food was excellent. Only problem was staff's inability to keep up with the function's need for coffee and deserts the second night. Problem seem to be lack of help. Overall though an excellent weekend.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2015

Thank you for selecting our property for your groups Reunion We enjoyed your group and are glad you had a great time. We look forward to seeing you again for the next reunion and many more.

Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

Very convenient to Snowden grove park. Nice grounds and lobby. Room is about right for a 3 star. Sofa sleeper was very thin and slanted to the sofa. Luckily a child was sleeping on it. No adult could use that. Bathroom was clean, but pillows are too soft for my taste. It takes 2 pillows to equal any type of support. Breakfast is $9 for adults for the same buffet foods that most chains serve free.

Stayed: May 2015
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2015

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I hope that your games went well and your team placed well. You will be pleased to know that we are renovating this year. All room furniture will be replaced this fall. So, we will have brand new sofa beds for your event next year.

Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

I don't understand all the negative reviews. We had a great one night stay. Rooms clean and spacious. Staff very friendly, efficient, and helpful. Pool and breakfast for those who have time. There are many restaurants in the area and Walmart etc. What more do you need?

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2015

Thank you very much for your complimentary and supportive review. We do our very best to ensure that every guest has a great stay. On occasion things break down, and generally at the worst possible time. We do make repairs as quickly as possible and do our best to keep the impact to the guests as minimal as possible. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2015

As a business traveler who travels every week, this is not only a very nice property at a very competitive rate, it has an awesome staff.. I had only one issue.. I have been driving all week and the desk chair sat a little low to the desk and leaned forward, frankly after putting in over 800 miles it was killing my back.. I contacted the Ericka at the front desk and she immediately put me in touch with John the manager on duty.

John responded immediately bringing me a chair from the conference room that worked perfectly.

As a business traveler I see the good and bad in all hotels I stay in, but this place is not only new, clean and nice, It is convenient to the interstate as you can access easily from two exits. Most importantly it has a staff that really cares and responds to the business clients needs..

I will definitely be back..!!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2015

Thank you very much for the rave review. It was a pleasure getting to speak with you in person at property too. As discuss, we are doing some updating this year. New desk chairs have been selected and are on order. We should have them in the next few weeks. Next item on the list.... bigger TV's for every room. We are going to 42 inch screens! More exciting updates to come over the remainder of the year. We appreciate your business and loyalty to our facility. See you soon.