“These Gyros Will Have You Goin' Greek”
Review of Krilakis

Krilakis
Ranked #16 of 164 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 30 June 2016

I was so glad we made it before closing time. The lamb gyros were delicious . . . a generous mound of nicely spiced shaved lamb, lettuce, tomato, and creamy tzatziki on a soft warm pita. Who could ask for anything more? We also enjoyed a lovely fresh Greek salad with 2 crispy fried pita triangles and delicious hand cut fries that were cooked to golden brown perfection.

It seems 9:00 is a typical closing time in this area. But just prior to that, the dining area was still crowded with diners. Fast, friendly service at a reasonable price. Will stop again if we return to Ridgeland.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

A friend took me there for Greek food. It was one of the best gyros I have ever had! Not only was it big, the meat was so well seasoned, the cheese was nice and melty and you almost had to eat it with a fork and a knife. The salad is so good with their dressing, too. No frills, bring your own wine or beer. We will be back.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

This meal had me reminiscing about being on the black sand beaches of Santorini, sitting in a cafe on the beach eating some of the most delicious and fresh food I have ever eaten. We were passing through Jackson, MS and looked up nearby restaurants. The usual suspects popped up, but so did Krilakis, and Greek sounded like a great way to end a day of road-tripping. Easy to find, just off I-55, there is ample seating and even a small outdoor patio. The menu has many options and is easy to order from. Staff were young and friendly and food arrived promptly and very hot. I opted for the JC gyro with fries. It was a combination of lamb and chicken with feta and tsatziki sauce. Wow, what great favors. Their hummus was also fresh and really tasty. The portions were great and if we hadn't gorged ourselves we could have even taken home some for lunch the next day. The staff said the owner had lived in Greece for a few years. Well, it shows and anyone stopping in will be the beneficiaries of some great, Greek cuisine. What a find!

Reviewed 31 May 2016

I was not impressed with my gyro. The food was more greasy than it should have been. There are so many other restaurants, I think once is enough for me.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

My family says I am addicted to this restaurant. I eat here at least once a week. They are so sweet to allow me to order according to my picky wishes. I deconstruct my sandwich and order my pita bread cooked like they make it for the salads. They put all the toppings on the side and just put my chicken separate. They even give me extra tzatziki sauce.

Been to Krilakis? Share your experiences!