“Spacious & clean but not much nearby.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Checked in late evening a day earlier than planned but there was a room available. The motel was pretty full with passengers from two tour buses, but the service was good. Front desk was just about to switch and he was all business- not very friendly but I appreciated that he was efficient and fast with our check-in...was told we had the last pet-friendly room. I signed a pet agreement that stated we would not leave pet alone in room, and that if our pet disturbed anyone we would be asked to leave...wasn't worried as we only needed a place to spend the night and our dog is not a barker...at least not inside....seemed to recall there was something about a $200.00 fine if the dog/we did something? Not really sure they enforce the agreement because both times I took the dog down to walk I could hear two little barking dogs on the first floor. These two dogs barked inside the room even when we went out the door next to their room without our dog...maybe the rooms are so well insulated that the dogs could only be heard from the hallway though.
The room was very clean, as was the entire motel. AC worked very well. The bathroom was nice but the water is extremely soft. My only complaint was that the side door to the outside would not take our cards in the slider. There was another guest who said he kept a stick in the door so he could get back in after smoking, but I don't like the lack of security with a door wedged open to the outside. Staff was aware of the broken door and it should have been repaired instead of being wedged open. We used this side door to go out when walking our dog and it opens out to a large grassy area with houses and office building next to the area (no fence). I would stay here again even if not needing a place that accepts pets.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AustinTrip

Reviewed 17 June 2010

Basic, standard La Quinta. No problems. Close to interstate and easy to locate.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alvis-f
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Clean and comfortable room with reservation requests honored. Good breakfast selections presented in a nice, bright area off the lobby. Location is convenient to I-20 but far enough away to provide solitude among beautiful grounds.
Front desk was not overly friendly during checkin or checkout and always seemed "rushed".

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank GeorgeTX
Reviewed 13 January 2010

We were greeted by a very friendly staff who genuinely wanted our stay to be pleasant. Had never stopped at a La Quinta before, and had no reservations, but they put us in a very nice king room at the back of the hotel without our even asking.
We asked about WiFi and to make sure we got our connection also provided us w/a cable, which we did not need.
The breakfast the next morning was above average for the freebie-type you get at a lot of motels.
On our return, we will try to find a La Quinta Inn and Suites for our return trip. Good job!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thehart
Reviewed 24 September 2009

I can't say enough good things about this La Quinta. I was met at the desk by the manager , who was SUPER nice. If all La Quinta's are staffed like this I will stay there more often!
I did not have a reservation but was given just the room I asked for and at a great rate. Wonderful quiet room, easy access to the rooms, great parking.
Computer in the lobby for checking emails, though not a private space , has fast internet.
Though it's pet friendly, I did not see or hear any pets. I can not find anything to fault about this hotel. Overall an unexpected surprise at the value price!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business