“Great Southern food!”

Aunt Nita's Seafood & Burger
Ranked #20 of 70 Restaurants in Pascagoula
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Aunt Nita’s is the epitome of a good Southern diner. Prices are fair, and the food is really delicious. We enjoyed several different things, but my favorite would have to be the fried catfish and hush puppies. And, you can get a mouth watering piece of cake for dessert! I wish I was there now!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Pizza Burger is a must try! It is great! I like the buffalo chicken with onion rings and fried okra. YUM!!!! Probably the best onion rings I have ever tasted. A friend of mine always gets gravy cheese fries with fried shrimp. They have great daily specials with tea and slice of cake.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Aunt Nita's has all sorts of delicious foods. My favorite is the pizza burger. There are also daily specials. Only opened for lunch not supper. It's very friendly & family oriented. Dress casual!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I've only recently moved back to the Pascagoula area. One long time staple I grew up eating was a Pizza Burger.

This dish originated at the old and long gone Tony's Pizza. This was the only pizza joint in Pascagoula for a long time. Eventually, a Pizza Hut was built about a block east. Shortly after, a Pizza Inn was built a couple of doors down. Goodbye Tony's!

Aunt Nita's was originally a breakfast place similar to Waffle House. Local rumor has it that when Aunt Nita's took over, they paid a king's ransom for the pizza burger recipe. I am in no position to confirm that, however.

Military service and other challenges took me away from Pascagoula except for occasional trips to visit family. I haven't had a Pizza Burger in a good 20 years.

Aunt Nita's is only open for lunch. More specifically, 10 - 2 Mon -Thu and 10 - 3 on Friday and Saturday. I've driven by many times to find them closed.

The other day, I was passing by and found them open. I turned around.

I destroyed a Pizza Burger and onion rings! It was ooey, gooey and just as messy as I remember. While good, my memory had it tasting much, much better. Were my expectations unrealistically high? I don't know.

I know this. I'm coming back. If it can be made with a hamburger patty, chicken, chicken wings, shrimp, oysters, catfish and even more, they probably have it.

Burgers, sandwiches, salads, dinners and a kid's menu mean you can't go wrong. This is Gulf Coast soul food at its finest. I'll be back to correct my rating rather than rely on one dish at one visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

They have a different lunch special everyday and their salads are great. You can add several items to your salads like chicken, shrimp, and roast beef.