See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We had about 120 women for a great retreat in the barn. It was great! Roomy and had ever hung we needed. Bathrooms were lovely - not barnish at all. But the barn atmosphere was super too. I stayed in a cottage nearby for the night. It was cute, cute, cute! It had everything except a coffee pot. Beautifully decorated and the bed was so comfy. Nice hosts too.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

The Lafayette County Democrats held a day-long retreat at the Nests B&B this past Saturday. It's a lovely setting just past Camp Hopewell, and we didn't have any trouble finding it, especially with the red tractor marking the entrance! There were 30 of us, and we were pleased to all be able to fit into the common area. It was a great meeting space, and we had everything we needed in the kitchen to enjoy our lunch. We spilled out onto the porches and grounds and enjoyed the views while we had lunch. When we broke off into groups into the different bedrooms to plan for upcoming events, we were impressed by the lovely decor and the design of the home overall. We will definitely tell her friends about this place!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Cristen38655
Reviewed 1 September 2016

Being covetous of what an animal has is a strange feeling and I admit I am envious of the horses, cats, chickens and dogs that call The Nests BnB and Events home.The hosts are very affable and were so nice to give me a tour. The more I explored the more intoxicated I became by the places charm and calm atmosphere. Everywhere you look be it the wedding barn, grounds, or guest houses is a feast for the eyes with great attention to detail for the decor. The dinner and breakfast I was served was delicious. My personal thanks to the Raney family for one of the best times I've had in a while.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Here for a visit to relax and rejuvenate in the quaint town of Oxford. I see the horses every morning with my cup of tea from the porch. The rooms and living room are decorated to perfection with an amazing attention to detail. The breakfast is made up of local fresh-baked pastries, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice, and hot beverages. They are pet-friendly, attentive to international visitors (according to my French and English friends) and well worth the trip!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McKenna R
Linda Lewis R, Owner at The Nests BnB and Events, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Thanks for your review! We are always happy to find that guests have enjoyed their experience in the countryside.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

We stayed with the Raney's this past weekend. Our family gathered from different areas to celebrate my brother's wedding. Collectively, we stayed in the Nest Egg, as well as Empty Nest. The Nest Egg was beautifully appointed, with attention to detail in every decoration. The hosts were accommodating, checking in each day to ask if we had all that we needed and re-stock breakfast goods. We called ahead to relay some dietary restrictions, and they purchased alternate foods for us. My family (2yr old, 5 mo old, myself and husband) stayed in the double queen room. A pack and play was supplied for our baby, and though cozy, the room was adequate to meet our needs for the weekend. The BnB does need some baby-proofing if you have young kids, but they will likely spend much of their time enjoying running outside on the ample grounds, checking out the horses and chickens, and swinging on the huge porch swing. The Barn at the end of the road is also a beautiful space for events- the rehersal dinner was held here. Thank you for a great family weekend, Linda and Holly!

Room Tip: You are in the country; cell service is minimal, free wifi is offered but only works well if you are within close proximity to the router.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

We are so glad that your alternative food and the pack-n-play were helpful to you and your family. We are always grateful for feedback, and are looking into more baby-proofing measures we can add to the bed and breakfasts. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and for your positive response to our lovely place!