“Overnight in Olive Branch.”

Magnolia Inn and Suites
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Olive Branch
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Used the hotel for an overnight while traveling to Florida. The desk staff was helpful and friendly. The room was what you would expect from a 2.5 star accommodation. We were disappointed in the humid climate within the room. It appears that maybe the a/c is not taking the humidity out of the area as well as most rooms we have stated in.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We have stayed at this hotel two other time with no problems. This time was an abomination of what a hotel stay should have been! This review could be a book but will only convey main facts. Tried to check ten minutes after posted check in time. Room was being cleaned and was told it would be ready in 20 minutes. No problem, went to get some items to put in fridge and get our grandkids to spend time with them, as this was the reason we were here. Returned about an hour and 10 mins later with refreshments and grand kids. We were told that there would be an additional charge if the children would be staying. We told them we are just spending time with them, swimming taking them to dinner and their parents will pick them up later that night after work and they were not staying. Jamcee the only hotel person on duty said they would be here most of the day and even if they were not staying we would be charged regardless. I asked to talk to Manager, she would not contact a manager for me to talk to. We ask her if people staying here could not have guest. She stated they could. I asked what the was the time limit a guest could stay. She stated it was at the hotels discretion. What? We decided to go to our room without a resolution and talk about this. Well our room was not even ready. They were still cleaning the room. Went back down stairs and told Jamcee about room. She stated it was at hotels discretion as to when check in time is also. We demanded a resolution to the trouble we were having. At that time she said she would call manager and left. We felt all would be resolved. We all put bathing suits on and went to pool. We all played in pool for about 45 minutes to an hour and then decide to get out and head to dinner. My wife went to get pool towels at front desk and was in formed that they would discount the charge for the grandkids but that was it. My wife was mad. Jamcee stated she was going to charge our credit card. My wife said no and came and told me. We went back up to room to change and go back down to lobby. We got to our room and the key did not work. I went back down to see what was going on while wife and grandkids stood in hall. When I went back to lobby Jamcee informed me we will not be allowed to get back into our room until I pay the extra charge or we leave with the stay non refundable and if that did not work she would call the police and have me physically removed. I told her to call the police and let's find out if the hotel could hold my possessions for ransom. At this time I was in so much disbelief, frustrated,mad I told her we were leaving. I told her to open the door or I would call the police turn and went to the room. She showed up and open the door and as we were changing and getting ready to leave the booking company called and asked me what was happening as Jamcee had called them. I explained what had transpired and they stated they will call back the hotel and ask for them to refund the stay amount. The total amount of time we were at this hotel was a little less than 2 hours. The booking company called me back as we were getting into the car and told me the hotel would not refund the night but offered to pay the fee for our grandkids. I thanked them for that but told them I would not stay there and never would again. They offered some advise and apologized once again. We stayed at Comfort Inn Suites down the road and had no problems. I asked before we checked in about our grandkids spending time at hotel visiting us. They had no issues with them visiting us and even stated hope we have a great time with them.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

I've been meaning to upload a review for sometime now, just haven't had time. I was in town for business and stayed here from Sept. 6th thru December 9th. The staff was always excellent, room was always clean, and the location was great. The weekly rate was awesome and honestly, I couldn't find a better deal anywhere in the Memphis area. Some people complain about the breakfast, and while the choices were limited, I don't see where anyone could complain about the free breakfast at this price point. If I work in the area again, I'll be staying here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

In town visiting family and choose this hotel because it was close. Nice area. Reasonably price, clean rooms. Beds squeaked. Toiletries subpar. Soda vending machine out of order had to go to front desk and only selection was a can coke. Breakfast; cereal and waffles.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank 443kc
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed in one of the suites it had an ocean theme with a clam shaped bed and the top part of the shell even moved up and down. The room was clean but someone had used the mirrors on the side of the bed to put out cigarettes which was a downer for us. The bed was also covered in a velvet material and the top blanket also had the same velvet material. I don't like the way velvet feels but that's no fault of the hotel. We had brought a blanket from home to cover up with and picked up a blanket from the local Walmart to put over the velvet one.

Upon check in the lady at the desk gave us the wrong room and there was a charge which seemed odd as we paid for everything on hotels.com. When we saw the room we realized it was wrong as it was just a basic single queen bed room and we went back down. She was very apologetic and corrected the mistake and charge quickly.

The continental breakfast was slim some do it yourself mini flat waffles, cereal, danishes and oatmeal. We went out for breakfast the second morning.

Overall it was a nice stay.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple