“Great BBQ -- So glad we found this place! Will Return!”
Review of Pleasant's Bar-B-Q

Pleasant's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #21 of 161 Restaurants in Ocean Springs
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 5 September 2018

We spent two nights in Ocean Springs while traveling from Georgia to Houston. We were delighted with this smallish beach/art town. We were driving around and saw Pleasant's and decided to try it. I believe I had reviews about it. It was an "unassuming" place and had great food. The prices were very reasonable and the service was polite and followed up to check on us. We'll be back!

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

After reading reviews on trip advisor decided to try. Wasn't far from where we were staying at Harrah's casino. If you like bbq this is a must. Brisket, sausage, and pulled pork so good. Greens and potato salad really good like my mom's. Reasonable prices portion sizes good. This is down from main section of town. A must stop. Will return.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

My out of town company always make a b-line to Pleasant's Bar-B-que. Reasonable prices and such a delightful and filling mouthfull.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Since I love Ocean Springs so much because of the friendly people, I decided to stop at Pleasant's for lunch! What a great choice! I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich, the rib sandwich, baked beans and sweet potato pies! Omg! The ribs were awesome. They're not seasoned to the bone like I would have like them but they were good and tender and the sauce was delicious! The meat just fell off the bone! Yummy! The baked beans were like pork n beans with a slight barbecue flavor. If you like meat in your beans like I do, you won't get meat in these unless you do it yourself but they were still delicious! The chicken sandwich was like a rotisserie chicken grilled with barbecue sauce on it. It was a little salty for my taste but was still tasty. I ate it! The mini sweet potato pies, I could eat all day nonstop! So good! They were out of pecan pies which I plan to try when I go back! The sweet tea was good but the one size cup they give you is definitely not enough! The people are super friendly!! The prices are reasonable! The restaurant is small but clean and there's plenty of parking. I'm glad I stopped! Thank you Pleasant family for a great meal! I will be visiting again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We followed the aroma on the street to Pleasant's. Warm, family type atmosphere. Think Cheers except it is a BBQ place with the smoker outside. We ordered the ribs- came with 2 sides. Loved the potato salad and cole slaw. The ribs were meaty with tangy sauce. So, i like ribs that fall off the bone. These were cooked well but not super tender. Think they need a bit longer in the smoker. Might be personal taste. We visited on weekend of a local show so were disappointed that no pies available.
I think the host was terrific but wait staff needs to be a little more attentive- offer refill of drinks etc.