“A Fun Lunch w/ Wine”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Maison De Lu specializes in creative sandwiches, specialty soups, salads, steaks, seafood, homemade desserts, and an awesome staff! Enjoy dining on the front patio or back courtyard with a beautiful fireplace. The inside is just as quaint, savor a Happy Hour drink and appetizer... or a sumptuous meal, Maison de Lu is a lovely setting in the heart of downtown Ocean Springs where you can enjoy "stylish food for stylish people". Start your meal with Maison De Lu's Crab Cakes...Fresh crab cakes grilled to perfection and covered in Remoulade Sauce or Escargot Stuffed Roasted Mushrooms! Lunch and dinner specials change daily, with Chicken Salad "Your Way" (as a salad, wrap or on ciabatta)on Mondays and Soft Shell Crab fried golden on Ciabatta with Smoked Chipotle Mayo, lettuce & tomato on Fridays. Maison De Lu offers gluten free items and an extensive wine list, ask your server for more information. Make sure to try Chef Luann Ellis's signature dish, the fourteen ounce, Center Cut Bone-In Pork Chop du Jour. This tender, succulent chop is brined all day and very satisfying.
Reviewed 25 June 2017

We were heading over to Ocean Springs from the White House in Biloxi, and the desk agent suggested stopping by Maison de Lu, on Washington Ave, right in the heart of town for some wine, and their Goat Cheese Tart. I had not heard of it, but so much had changed post-Katrina in Ocean Springs, that almost everything there is new to me.

We found Maison de Lu, and asked if we could sit outside, as it was a lovely day (after almost a week of rain in New Orleans, any sun would have been a lovely day). Our server was there quickly, and we started with some wine, which is very common for us. As we knew that we would be having the Goat Cheese Tart, I started us with the Joel Gott Sauvignon Blanc, and the LaCrema Chardonnay. The Sauvignon Blanc’s acid paired wonderfully with the Goat Cheese, which was excellent. The Chard, not bad, but the weaker of the two. We split a glass of the Dreaming Tree Crush Red Blend, basically because I had never heard of this wine. It was good, and also went well with what was left of the Goat Cheese.

While the wine list is not long, and while there are a few of “the usual suspects,” there ARE some interesting wines.

We enjoyed our little Lunch, and found the service to be very good, even though our server was alone, and working both inside and outside. We now want to return, and explore their full menu. A nice recommendation from the White House staff.

1  Thank The_Loup_Garou

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Goat cheese torte and a glass of wine sitting out in the courtyard would have made a perfect lunch... but was followed up by a grilled grouper poboy. The fish was seasoned with blackening spice before grilling and it was spot on! (Hint: ask for remoulade instead of mayo on the poboy for an extra taste treat). My companions had the Brie, ham and pepper jelly panini and the Havana (riff on a Cuban). I'm guessing they were delicious because every bite was gone!

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped in here after a recommendation from a local resident. My wife and I had the GF ham and cheese panini with sweet potato fries. Very tasty. Friendly, efficient waitress. Nice place for a relaxing meal.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

My wife absolutely loves their rack of lamb and choose this for her birthday dinner. She raved, once again, about this entrée. I like to have a couple of different appetizers for my entrée. The crab cakes here are great, BUT as tasty as they ae they are never hot. They are very thick and when they grill them, the outside gets seared before the entire cake gets hot. If they would sear them and then even zap them for a minute the would be great. This was my third time having the same issue!

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

I go to Maison de Lu multiple times a month for both lunch and dinner. The dinners are fantastic and are great for date nights. The lamb and salmon are my regulars. My boyfriend loves the pork chop. The roasted beets and mashed cauliflower are also so good! For lunch, boyfriend loves grouper poboy. I love all the sandwiches and the Frenchman (I think it's called) salad...goat cheese and fried apples. Need I say more? The courtyard is fabulous.