“FRESH!!! MODERN!!! A TREAT TO EAT!!!”
Review of Cambios - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Had been in Biloxi it is a 5 star restaurnat
Reviewed 9 November 2012

If you need a NEW restaurant to dine at in Ocean Springs Cambios is the place. Eclectic, intimate is all the right words along with 'Fresh and Modern'. We were seated next to the window with a quaint candlelabara in the window. We could watch the Ocean Springs evening traffic and twinkling lights while soft lighting and appropriate music played. We had attentive, but not smothering attention. We could have a conversation without continous interruptions. We dined on a Thursday night so not overly busy but could tell that regulars and repeat customers were dining as they were met enthusiastically by one of the Owners Llourdes. Llourdes was pleasant and very informative about food. My husband had the halibut and shrimp which he reported was rich and delishious. I had the 'Chicken and Dumplings. Now put away all your thoughts of Southern C N D...This was charbroiled plump, moisit, chicken breast served with a spicy orange glaze and Potato Gnocchi, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. A delightful take on tradional Chicken and Dumplings! Good portions were served. Unfortnately we did not have room for the wonderful sounding deserts. Maybe next visit? I would reccomend for couples, date...I don't realy know how small children would fare....I am sorry 937John had a bad experience. I just can't picture that scenrio after the experience we had.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

My husband and I love Cambios for a special night out. The menu changes each season so there is always something new to try. Very friendly staff. Food is beautifully presented. There are many good restaurants in Ocean Springs but Cambios is our new favorite.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Cambios is a very small charming restaurant on the main street in Ocean Springs. THe food is innovative American and quite delicious. I had the Cambios salad with candied pecans over spring greens garnished with fresh fruit in a vinegrette. Followed by the Hawaiian ahi Tuna appetizer that was a delight to the palate. My main course, scallops and shrimp, was good. The scallops were incredible but the lemon asparagus risotto was more bland than delicate. My friend had the Beef Wellington which she pronounced Excellent and superb! The service is slow and reservations are a necessity.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Made a trip to Gulfport this past weekend to attend my wife's high school reunion. Many years ago, as a young Air Force sergeant, we'd lived in Ocean Springs and always loved the cozy, small-town atmosphere. We've been back many times over the years, but seldom had time for more than a quick drive through town. This time we decided to stop for lunch and, as luck would have it, picked the little orange-colored cottage with the name "Cambios" displayed. I will ever be glad that we did so. As another reviewer has noted, stepping through the door was like being taken to an intimate little eatery in Paris. The walls are lined with pictures of famous authors and other notables favored by the owner/chef. Some may decry the lack of more space but I think if there were more tables the quality of the food and service may suffer. As it is, the dozen or so tables allows the chef (and, believe me, he knows his way around a kitchen) to devote more attention to the superb fare he prepares for your waiting palate.
Everything about our experience was top-drawer. The friendly greeting and helpfulness of the hostess, the efficiency and knowledge of our waitress, the presentation of our meal and the food - - ah, the food! Lunch is a 3-course meal. One chooses a single item from the menu of salad/appetizer, main dish and dessert. Portions are reasonably sized and served on beautiful plates. We both opted for the Spanish Omelet for our main course. The most delicious omelet I've ever had and topped with bite-size chunks of filet mignon. And all this for far less than one would pay for similar quality in an "upscale" restaurant.
By way of wrap-up I'd like to say that in my 78 years, this is the first time I've been inclined to write a review of a restaurant. Need I say we'll be back? And, as I told the hostess, it would be my pleasure to give them an on-screen testimonial should they ever produce a commercial.
R. Altman

Reviewed 5 October 2012

The menu had changed from the one we saw at the place we were staying. Both my husband and I were disappointed in the food. The new waitress tried her best but basically the place didn't live up to the hype.