“Wonderful Intimate Atmosphere”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Had been in Biloxi it is a 5 star restaurnat
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My husband and I love Cambios for a special night out. The menu changes each season so there is always something new to try. Very friendly staff. Food is beautifully presented. There are many good restaurants in Ocean Springs but Cambios is our new favorite.

Date of visit: November 2012

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Cambios is a very small charming restaurant on the main street in Ocean Springs. THe food is innovative American and quite delicious. I had the Cambios salad with candied pecans over spring greens garnished with fresh fruit in a vinegrette. Followed by the Hawaiian ahi Tuna appetizer that was a delight to the palate. My main course, scallops and shrimp, was good. The scallops were incredible but the lemon asparagus risotto was more bland than delicate. My friend had the Beef Wellington which she pronounced Excellent and superb! The service is slow and reservations are a necessity.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Made a trip to Gulfport this past weekend to attend my wife's high school reunion. Many years ago, as a young Air Force sergeant, we'd lived in Ocean Springs and always loved the cozy, small-town atmosphere. We've been back many times over the years, but seldom had time for more than a quick drive through town. This time we decided to stop for lunch and, as luck would have it, picked the little orange-colored cottage with the name "Cambios" displayed. I will ever be glad that we did so. As another reviewer has noted, stepping through the door was like being taken to an intimate little eatery in Paris. The walls are lined with pictures of famous authors and other notables favored by the owner/chef. Some may decry the lack of more space but I think if there were more tables the quality of the food and service may suffer. As it is, the dozen or so tables allows the chef (and, believe me, he knows his way around a kitchen) to devote more attention to the superb fare he prepares for your waiting palate.
Everything about our experience was top-drawer. The friendly greeting and helpfulness of the hostess, the efficiency and knowledge of our waitress, the presentation of our meal and the food - - ah, the food! Lunch is a 3-course meal. One chooses a single item from the menu of salad/appetizer, main dish and dessert. Portions are reasonably sized and served on beautiful plates. We both opted for the Spanish Omelet for our main course. The most delicious omelet I've ever had and topped with bite-size chunks of filet mignon. And all this for far less than one would pay for similar quality in an "upscale" restaurant.
By way of wrap-up I'd like to say that in my 78 years, this is the first time I've been inclined to write a review of a restaurant. Need I say we'll be back? And, as I told the hostess, it would be my pleasure to give them an on-screen testimonial should they ever produce a commercial.
R. Altman

Date of visit: October 2012
Reviewed 5 October 2012

The menu had changed from the one we saw at the place we were staying. Both my husband and I were disappointed in the food. The new waitress tried her best but basically the place didn't live up to the hype.

Date of visit: September 2012
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My wife and I made a couple of trips to visit her family in Louisiana toward the end of summer.
On the way west the first time we stopped at Ocean Springs looking for a reasonably priced dinner. We chose Cambios on a lark and have been back twice. This quaint and homey restaurant has just about the highest quality food and service we have ever had for its price.
For an appetizer, try the zombie shrimp. You'll want to steal your date's if you've finished yours first. The shrimp bruschetta is also excellent for a pre-dinner nibble. As for main courses, I have had the polenta lasagna twice and the chef's seafood special once and, while fully satisfied, darn near cried when we left because we could not take more with us. Creme broulee desert alone will make you come back. All this without draining your wallet.
Head chef and owner James Wright, an attorney by trade but a chef extraordinaire at heart, does much of the cooking himself and supervises a tremendous support staff. His wife Lourdes is a most gracious hostess who is never beneath assisting the fine wait staff when the place is busy -- and it has been full the three times we have been there. In fact, I watched as
Mrs. Wright turned away several sad-faced customers after closing time in a most pleasant demeanor that I heard one of the woman say that she and her husband would return the next night only much earlier.
Location is good for those travelling on Interstate 10. Yes, you have to drive south on Route 50 for five minutes or so, depending on the traffic, but the relaxing small-town feel of Ocean Springs is like a welcome home after driving all day. Biloxi casinos are right across the bay if you have the time and inclination.
Cambios is easy to find and, although perhaps a tad small, is well worth the wait. Have a crisp pumpkin ale or a glass of chardonnay while you wait. Or just cruise the pretty main street after leaving your name. Reservations might be best since this place is a true gem and bound to be crowded with repeat customers and newcomers alike. Cambios has made our seemingly interminable drive on I-10 far more rewarding.

Date of visit: August 2012