“A great place to eat”

Aie's Taste of Thai
Ranked #15 of 137 Restaurants in Meridian
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I travel about 48 weeks of the year. After years of coming to Meridian, one of the best restaurants here is Aie's. Greatest Asian restaurant in Meridian, good menu choices, cold beer, and attentive staff. Can't beat it.

2  Thank Steve O

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Love the food. 5 star system for heat. Trust me, 5 stars will make you sweat. Lumpia is fantastic. Staff are very friendly and you will get your food fast. Never over crowded. Love this place!

1  Thank David K
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Mixed matched seating in an open room, cool vibe. Old dining room set across from a picnic table, a couple booths. Pick your comfort. A bar at the end with bathrooms to the other side. Tables are fully stocked with the normal assortment of condiments. Ordered the pho at a level 4.5, 5 being their hottest, and if I make it back there I'll go that route. Arrived tot eh table fully dressed with a nice red broth as I requested. Some things you can look at and know that they will heal you. Their pho did the trick.
Very much wish this place were in my neighborhood.
Easy to find off the interstate. Very much worth the slight detour.

2  Thank Americana29
Reviewed 7 April 2017

Aie's Taste of Thai is - for those who know Meridian - right across the street from the train depot. If you're arriving by car, there isn't a lot of space in front of the restaurant, so swing around a nearby side street.

From the outside, Aie's looks... more like a bar than a restaurant, with neon beer signs adorning the windows. The inside is cozy and unassuming, with a few tables outside.

The menu is straightforward, with a smattering of Thai dishes and general Asian fare. I visited for lunch, and being a fairly hungry guy, grabbed some fried dumplings, coconut soup, and chicken curry. The dumplings and coconut soup were absolutely on point (can't recommend the coconut soup enough, just slurp it while it's piping hot), although the chicken curry was... a little disappointing.

Being a lunch visit, I did not get a beer, although with a selection of domestic beer, as well as Asian imports like Singha, Lucky Buddha and more, I'll definitely plan another trip for dinner soon.

1  Thank RamblingH
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

This place was a joke if you wanted all your food to come to the table at the same time as everyone else's.
We had about 9 people and they brought our meals our one at a time, we had to get up and get our own drinks and the price was omg .