All reviews the concierge lounge bristol lounge full service hotel extra towels downtown location bell hop front desk staff check in was easy great customer service beds were comfortable southern hospitality water pressure breakfast buffet business meeting an older hotel room was large hotel is beautiful
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

I have been with Marriott for YEARS! I have stayed at numerous Marriott locations and I am currently at the Jackson Marriott where I am here for 7 days on a business meeting.
I felt it necessary to express ALL of the unfortunate things that have been going WRONG since I came to this hotel. I booked 3 rooms and to date, something has been WRONG EVERY SINGLE DAY!
First, when we arrived last Friday, I entered my room to find a previously slept in bed with a duvet that was filthy on the first bed. After calling to the front desk, they sent a nice lady up who then checked the other bed (that my 6yr and 5 yr old grandchildren) were to sleep in;and found that the second bed was slept in previously as well. She immediately took pictures, and changed both beds.
Secondly, in my second room, my sister had to change rooms because the room smelled of mildew and the toilet was filthy also. When arriving in the new room, that room smelled as well.
Thirdly, with the exception of Nichole (Manager), Jolessa (front desk) everyone seemed to have a major attitude. The bar area where we were forced to order food had some of the WORST employees I have ever encountered with ANY Marriott. They seemed unprepared for the numerous amount of people that had reserved accomodations for 4-5 days of stay. This attitude permeated throughout the ENTIRE property. Everyone seemed to be very irritated because they were expected to do THE JOB FOR WHICH THEY WERE HIRED!
On Tuesday, I returned to my room to find that my personal property had been thrown away by the housekeeper. This property was condusive to my business and I was left with plastic bags that had been thrown into the trash. After inquiring about the location of my belongings, the housekeeper retrieved my bags (which I use to package my food snacks for my business) and I advised that I wouldnt be able to use those because they had been placed in an unsanitary place. This action caused major issues because I only brought a certain amount to use and she had thrown them in the trash making them unable to be used.
Also, I went downstairs to order dessert and was charged $7.50 for a Molten Lava cake that was horrible in taste and smaller than a hostess cupcake. I also ordered a apple galette and it was hard as a brick and looked like a piece of biscuit bread with 4 slices of apple on top which was disgusting. I paid almost $20 for the most nastiest dessert I have ever known to mankind.
Noone seemed to take anything serious when complaints were made. Noone took the initiative to OWN the problem and resolve the issues.
The Mezzanine level where the Lectureship was being held, was extremely humid, muggy and musty.
Again, NOONE seemed to care.
The water was brown and I was advised NOT to drink the water. This hotel was LESS than I have ever seen in comparison to other Marriott locations that I have had the pleasure of staying in often. For the price being charged, the employees should have been JUMPING at the chance to be helpful!
This is the WORST Marriott I have EVER stayed in!!!!!!
I am looking to be compensated very very generously for the 7 days I am having to endure this painful, lack luster stay at the Jackson Marriott in Jackson, Ms.
Oh I forgot to mention how they continued to charge my debit card even AFTER I asked them to remove my card and I did NOT place anymore room service!!!!
They wrecked havoc on my over draft fees and I am NOT happy about having to pay for them!
One last thing, I have not been given my 500 extra point for my "towel service" Ive only gotten my room cleaned ONCE, yet housekeeping refused to give me my points per day because they forgot to put the door hanger in my room UNTIL I asked for it!
I want to mention the BEST people that I came in contact with (few and far between) Nichole, Jolessa, Tiana, Earnest (front desk) Amy (housekeeping) Caleb (bellsman) Ms. Dot (everywhere lol)
These afore mentioned people were exemplary in their quest to please customers! They were Awesome and knowledgeable of their job!
Update: Contacted Customer Care and they stated I would hear from Nichole at the hotel and they wod be making this RIGHT, to date; NOONE has contacted me!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
LeeOwnbey_GM, General Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback. Nicole, who you complimented above, is the Assistant General Manager and has been in contact with you daily. We are truly sorry to hear that there were issues with your stay and have dealt with the matter privately with you. We hope to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

So the check in was fine, get to my room and it's okay. Drop off my bags and Leave to entertain my customers. Comerr back and stopped in lobby bar for night cap, it's so darn cold in here, I tell them forget it. Go to my room, I try calling front desk to set up a cab for the morning and the phone is dead. Have to Google the the hotel to ge the number.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael W

We are sorry to hear that there were issues with your stay. We would have gladly adjusted the thermostat for you in the bar, although we rarely hear complaints about being too cold during the summer in Jackson! We are truly sorry that there was an issue with your phone and will have that checked immediately. Thank you for providing the valuable feedback.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

This Marriott is clearly an older property, with some slightly drab decor and fixtures. However, it has been well-maintained and selectively updated, so while it's far from fancy, it's also perfectly pleasant. It has a reasonably-sized fitness center and a very large rooftop pool. The location is terrific, right in the heart of downtown Jackson, close to just about everything. The parking - an ancient structure requiring lots of tight turns - leaves something to be desired, but was convenient enough. This hotel was very inexpensive for what it offered. A solid choice and great value.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
LeeOwnbey_GM, General Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us and for providing your honest feedback. We truly appreciate your business and hope to serve you again!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately this Marriott property is not up to their usual standards. "Old" is the best adjective I can use to describe the rooms. From the outdated wallpaper to the lack of outlets, the entire room is screaming for an update. The housekeeping was also not up to usual standards. The bed was so sloppily nade that I could see the bed risers used to lift the bed. Office chair had worn arm rests and stains on seat. Parking is in the attached deck but automatic doors should be installed as you enter the building so you are not trying to hold the door open and manage your luggage at the same time. Overall, pretty disappointing stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
LeeOwnbey_GM, General Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us and for providing feedback. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We have many improvements planned and hope you will return to see them. Thanks again for choosing the Jackson Marriott.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

We stayed here this last weekend and it was really nice. Rooms looked new. The hotel was very clean and looked relatively new or recently redone. The security on each floor was top notch. Everyone we met that worked for the hotel were very helpful and friendly. The pool was great as well.

Only suggestions is add a hot tub, thought the kid pool was a hoot tub. If you drive a truck you cant get into the parking garage so you have to park on the street. This really was not an issue and it saved us some money, they also had security that kept and eye on your vehicle. No free breakfast and i can only thank them for this because the free breakfast in most places really isn't very good. They offer breakfast at an additional charge but you truly get a good breakfast and it tasted great. Nice restaurant as well.

I think all hotels should dump the free breakfast to be honest with you. They are very seldom much more than dried eggs and the waffle machine.

Oh and did i say it was a lower priced hotel as well. We paid less for this 5 star place than we have for some i wouldn't rate a 1 star. We will be staying here again in the near future.

Thanks to all the staff for making our stay a care free one.

Room Tip: From what i saw they are all good rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
LeeOwnbey_GM, General Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the great review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again!