“Closed Unfortunately”

Nick's
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2014

Nick's was a very good restaurant (>30 years). Not sure why it closed. There is a sister restaurant in Madison (The Mermaid Café), which is equally good.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Nicks is closed. We lost a very good place to eat. For years it was the best restaurant in Jackson. Now it is gone.

2  Thank 50States36Countries
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I recently relocated back to Jackson, MS for a position. The city overall does not have a great reputation for customer service. Nick's however exceded my normal high standard of customer service. The atmoshere was very pleasant, the server Lauren M was really good, and all my friends enjoyed their food. I would definitely suggest Nick's as a nice meeting place where you don't have to worry if you will have quality food and service.

1  Thank M L
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Lesson learned. My husband and I wanted to take my mother out for brunch after church on Sunday. Yesterday around 1:30 I went online and requested an 11am reservation at Nick's. Didn't hear a word from them yesterday. This morning I missed a call from them while at a doctor's appt. saying that they didn't have 11 but could seat us at 11:15. When I called them back 2 hours later to say that I would take the 11:15 reservation, I was told that they were completely booked. So, they can wait almost 24 hours to call me back, but I don't have even 2 hours to answer them. Now I'm 24 hours behind on trying to get reservations for Easter Sunday lunch. Never trust making an online reservation with Nick's. As a matter of fact, I doubt that I make reservations with them again EVER!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

All seven of us enjoyed our meals - I particularly loved the grilled salmon with spinach & sweet potato - & my husband really enjoyed the scallops . We sat on the patio - & watched the Sweet Potato queen parade from our table ( especially useful becasue we had one person 'wheel- chair bound')