“Mixed review”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Penns is know for fried catfish, chicken and more. This location had a buffet so I decided to give it a chance. As expected the catfish and chicken was good. A few of the buffet items were good but most were tired and mushy. The salad bar lettuce was browning. With some quality control the buffet could be good. Stick to the menu.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 14 November 2016

I eat there once a year hoping it will be different but is always so salty I cant eat it and hard as a rock. I am not a ticky eater so if I hate it its terrible.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Catfish and hush puppies were pretty good, but not among the best I've had on this trip. The cole slaw, however, was wonderful. The place is clean, service was good and prices were reasonable.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 4 January 2016

My friend and I first went to a grill about two miles beyond Penn's Sunday after church for lunch. We were not satisfied with the long waiting time. I suggested we try Penn's. When we get there it was some different than what I thought it would be. My friend and I was again on our way out the door when we met a young man, an employer, near the door. I stopped him, was asking him about a restaurant about fifteen minutes away. During the conversation the reason we were leaving disclosed. He encouraged us to stay there, which we did. The food was good, and his service was excellent. Just before we left we learned he was the manager. He was so nice to us. I will be returning there soon.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 23 October 2015

We had high hopes upon seeing menu, shrimp and fish combo for 11.99? Can't beat it, we thought...lettuce on salad bar looked and tasted like it had been out a while. That is fine who wants to fill up on salad? When we got our food our plates were full and looked and smelled great. Boy were we wrong! The catfish tasted like mud. The shrimp was ok, but nothing special. So bad we left the fish and went back to eating the stale salad. Best thing was the hush puppies, now they were great, but not 30 dollars great, which is what we spent for the meal. Would not recommend!

Date of visit: October 2015